Anyone ever hit themselves with a cue stick?

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had the exact thing happen... but it was the back of my head. I saw the person on first break for second and got up/forward to make a throw before the ball reached the plate. Batter swung and smoked me in the back of the head. Luckily I had a full wrap around helmet/mask on.

I was a catcher for about 5-6 years when I was younger, I'll take a bat to the head over a ball to the nuts any day of the week ;)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
An old guy I used to work for took a baseball to the mouth in his younger years. He was the pitcher and said he was frozen for a split second too long after the ball left the bat. A bit off topic and second hand but just thinking about it still makes me cringe.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So like I said I was back at break room Billiards. And I took a cue and when I was shooting a ball I got a little bit overzealous and the cue came out of my Bridge hand and poked me in the bridge hand. And then I had a really weird shot and I didn't want to be a slacker and use a bridge. So I was trying to some weird ways to hit the cue ball. And I hit myself with the back of the cue in the chest. Anyone else have these things happened to them?
No but in my early day I felt like hitting some other players with one.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I have a bad habit of following through too far when stroking close to the rail and cracking my hand on the table. Caused a number of skinned knuckles and bruised fingers. The occasional foul due to moving the cue sideways when my hand hits the table. A couple times a year at least.

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Surprised no one has mentioned all the good/great players and gamblers that would punish themselves when playing bad.

Louie Roberts used to hit himself in the head with a cue and he would run head first into a wall.

Fabio Petroni would smash his head into the rail of a pool table.

Joe Lawrence (Canada) would go in the bathroom and yell at himself in the mirror and punch himself. He’d punch himself hard too.

A guy in West Virginia (gambler in everyones book) would kick the pool table like he was punting it. Sometimes with no shoes on.

So many others did all these things and more.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Surprised no one has mentioned all the good/great players and gamblers that would punish themselves when playing bad.

Louie Roberts used to hit himself in the head with a cue and he would run head first into a wall.

Fabio Petroni would smash his head into the rail of a pool table.

Joe Lawrence (Canada) would go in the bathroom and yell at himself in the mirror and punch himself. He’d punch himself hard too.

A guy in West Virginia (gambler in everyones book) would kick the pool table like he was punting it. Sometimes with no shoes on.

So many others did all these things and more.
The worst would have to be"Crazy Bruce". If you never personaly saw him you would not believe he was real. If you knew him and saw his act it was hard to believe.

I would have thought it was not possible to knock yourself out with your own fist, it is.

What's funny is, he could play, he almost never lost. But if anything went wrong though it would set him off. When he played the pool room would be packed just waiting to see what he may do and he never disappointed.

Now years later in retrospect, I know it was not funny, he was sick.

Last edited: