Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please post a review in “Cue and shaft reviews“. Appreciated. Thx, Shooter08

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know anyone w/ a Segen? I can’t be the only person who tested one and enjoyed how it played. I wish I had a S22 if anybody knows of one.

realtor1618

Registered
Does anyone know anyone w/ a Segen? I can’t be the only person who tested one and enjoyed how it played. I wish I had a S22 if anybody knows of one.
J&J cues have a S23 for $660. Obviously not a S22 but similar. The S23 has cocobolo instead of birdseye and has inlaid rings.

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 and they play fantastic. I went from my Segen to a carbon fiber but find myself going back and forth because of the way the Segen plays. I bought the Segens and retired my Shon's from the Evan era.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 2 and they play fantastic. I went from my Segen to a carbon fiber but find myself going back and forth because of the way the Segen plays. I bought the Segens and retired my Shon's from the Evan era.
Which models do you have? I just noticed recently that JJ does have a OB shaft available but I’m not aware of any other aftermarket shafts. We have a pointed Segen for sale but I think the carbon craze is keeping it from selling. Personally I like the hit with the original shaft but I would like to squire a maple Merry Widow S22. Lately, I’ve into them for pure hit. Thx for your input.

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the S9 and S43. The S43 has only hit a couple of balls just to feel the hit.

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 37

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice looking cues, I was impressed with how they hit. We were a Schon dealer when Evan left and helped start Segen. Got a chance and played a few racks of nine ball at Evans booth at a a tournament years ago and we became a dealer at that time. It's to bad they did not last, quality product and playability.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never owned one but go to meet Evan and get a shop tour from him when they were just getting things rolling there. He had a real nice setup going, very clean and modern production space....vastly different from the experience of visiting Schon which is kinda the exact opposite of that. I was impressed with the quality of the cues.

Evan was great, really nice guy and a very talented photographer, he had a lot of his work up in the in the offices there which was cool to see.