Anyone interested in My CM98 Aiming System?

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's another aiming system that I came up with that have worked for me in simplifying my process for aiming. I called this my CM98 Aiming System. I have taught a few local players in my pool hall with this system and I was really surprise to see how far they've progressed as a players since I showed them the system. I had a D level player that was doing a lot guessing when he shooting so he wasn't very consistent and was a losing a bit of money to a player that he regularly plays with that about 1 ball better.

Anyway, after showing him the system...he's improved enough over the last 4 months to be able to win one of my tournament and beat the regular player he gamble with to a point where the guy now would not play him.

With this aiming system, the goal is that eventually you don't have to aim as the references would have been build into your mind through repetition and processes you develop that it would become second nature.

To be successful at this system, you first need to know how to hit center ball or "Find your center". You'll be amazed how many people can't hit center ball. If you able to hit center ball, it mean you can hit the target or Reference Point fairly accurately and you have a developed a stroke that allow you use this system.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok...before I create a video or ebook to sell this system :).

Here's what I have:

This system is based on reference points that are determined by the intersection of the base shadow to the object ball which makes the points of reference "Dynamic" (meaning the point of reference will adjust automatically depending on where your cue ball reside). If you use any other systems (pivot, CTE, etc), you find that the tip of your cue on center ball will point to this reference point. So this system just automatically help you to get in line and through repetition and process help you develop your fundamental skills (approach to the table, stance, stroke, etc) without moving your body or head to achieve your aim to the reference point.

So about 60% or more of your shots are based on 1 reference point, this includes banks and caroms. For the more extreme angle, I revert back to using the edge of the ball for reference and for center ball, I just refer to the bottom of the ball. Through experience, you will begin to recognize the shot and your brain will begin to aim automatically.

Once you find your center with this system (reference points), you will be able to applied spin. The reference points doesn't change when you apply spin, however, the spin does make it harder for you to hit the reference points. So, try to play natural whenever you can (Vertical Line, eg. Top, Center, Bottom with no spin).

Anyway, the key with this system is based on the following principles:

1) Reference
2) Repetition
3) Process

There are really 2 level to this aiming system. When you're comfortable with the first level, the 2nd level is using your eye to build a visual path that give you confidence and helps you with free stroking.

Please let me know what you think of this system so far based on info that I've provided.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Are you familiar with the SEE SYSTEM? Sounds like it might be similar.

I'm interested in learning about your system. If you send me a PM, I'll go to the pool room, test it out and report back.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Never heard of the See System, only systems that I know well is a pivot system taught to me by Ron Vitello and I read about CTE. I still use the pivot to confirm my intuition sometime on key shots.

I'm in Queen, New York and I play out of Steinway Billiard and my home room is Paradise Billiard up in Sunnyside, NY. When you around the area, you're welcome to give me a shout. I love to learn more about the SEE System.

Regards,
Duc.

Are you familiar with the SEE SYSTEM? Sounds like it might be similar.

I'm interested in learning about your system. If you send me a PM, I'll go to the pool room, test it out and report back.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I'm in New York right now, will be back to TO maybe in August. I'm at rutherford and Weston...near Vaughn Mill. The only good room that i play out of is at Shooter when I'm back in On.

Duc.

he pretty much is describing the see system, i believe. where in woodbridge are you at?

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be very interested to learn more about how he uses the shadow to build the reference points. I'll look the SEE System up.

Thanks,
Duc.

Have you ever seen the SEE System?? That is using the shadows to aim, what Appleton says he uses.

champ2107

Banned
Hi,

I'm in New York right now, will be back to TO maybe in August. I'm at rutherford and Weston...near Vaughn Mill. The only good room that i play out of is at Shooter when I'm back in On.

Duc.

my office used to be at langstaff and weston, now we are at 7 and 27. good veal sandwich at the corner of rutherford and weston lol

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Learning to aim..using the Ghost Ball contact point is fine but I think it has a much longer learning curve to develop your references because your brain doesn't work well when it's aiming at target that it can't really reference. All of the aiming systems develop thus far are great in helping a new and/or experience players develop their aiming habits(Processes) much faster since they are able to find a reference aiming point that they can rely on more consistently.

The brain seems to work much better when they have a better reference point...even for speed control...it better to use a reference point when the brain has to do less calculation to determine where you want the ball to travel to eg. A spot of the table vs using the end of the rail as reference. A spot on the table for the ball to travel to is very hard for the brain to compute, as there are so many unknown variable it has to calculate....where as I think using the rail..make it easier for the brain to understand that here is where it wants to go. Same with dividing the table into smaller square and playing area position instead of exact position. Only through experience will the player get better fine tune to achieve more exact position.

So, for aiming, a spot on the table/invisible aiming point require a lot more brain power to compute than a physical point on the object ball or using a method where the physical point is auto calculated for you like the Pivot system. I have my own system, CM98 Aiming system, that rely on a dynamic point of contact on the object ball derived from the based shadow intersection to the object ball. These reference points essentially correlate directly to the invisible aiming point of a ghost ball. It's not surprising that one of these reference points works for over 60% of the shot. If you place the object-ball and cueball together for the shot...you should be able to figure out a physical reference points that will work. So in the same ideas with using reference...when your reference is physical...tangible...you brain can compute much faster...so through trial and errors (repetition), you'll start to develop your aiming processes based on your ability to recognize the reference points for each shot more consistently. So eventually, you shoot enough of these shots...you don't even have to aim anymore...because you brain already understand the shot and recognize where there reference is and aim automatically. I'm working on putting together a simple DVD to explain this. When the video is completed, I will be posting here for sales.

Regards,
Duc.

Last edited: