Anyone play with a purpleheart shaft?

Catamount

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My break cue has one, and it works very well for me. I'm thinking of having Schmelke make me a cue with a thinner (11.75 mm) purpleheart shaft to try playing with. I have a feeling it could work pretty well. I'm interested in hearing from anyone out there who plays with a purpleheart shaft.
 
My friend who made my cue experiment with PH playing shaft. Its very stiff, powerfull and definately not high deflection shaft.

But i hate that colour on playin shaft. U also can consider hornbeam shaft (DBK cues use that wood for shafts all the time)

Hope this helps :thumbup:
 
Never played with one but have quite a few shaft blanks that I am turning. If I ever get my butt in gear.

Handled one in person as Darcy, CueJo, built one for himself.

As mentioned, very heavy and stiff. Obviously would make an excellent break shaft over anything else. And that is pretty much what people would use them for.

Peter, I think it said that Hornbeam would be a genus of, or related to Beech Wood. Or another name for that.

I did have the opportunity to play with several of Dmitry's cues and they played very well.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top