Anyone purchased from Precisiontip.com recently?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Precision Mediums have been my tip of choice for the last few years and I've always ordered them right from Precisiontip.com, 4 or 5 at a time. I have one spare left at the moment and decided to re-up. I ordered on Nov9th. Shipping label was created on Nov15, but there has been no movement on it at all. Just label printed and that is it.

I have emailed them multiple times, including Dennis Searing's email address with them. A few years back Dennis email me from that address asking how I liked them and the service I received, etc... I know they are his tip company from my understanding. I have not heard anything back yet.

I still want the tips rather then a refund, but should I not get them what is comparable to the precision medium? I heard G2s were practically the same tip.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Precision Mediums have been my tip of choice for the last few years and I've always ordered them right from Precisiontip.com, 4 or 5 at a time. I have one spare left at the moment and decided to re-up. I ordered on Nov9th. Shipping label was created on Nov15, but there has been no movement on it at all. Just label printed and that is it.

I have emailed them multiple times, including Dennis Searing's email address with them. A few years back Dennis email me from that address asking how I liked them and the service I received, etc... I know they are his tip company from my understanding. I have not heard anything back yet.

I still want the tips rather then a refund, but should I not get them what is comparable to the precision medium? I heard G2s were practically the same tip.

My last order was in August. Took about 16 days, and there were no updates. Give it another week.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i just ordered 3 softs and got them within about a week
i live in florida
fwiw
i have used g2 soft exclusively for the past several years and loved them
the last 2 i had issues with them
hence my reason to try precision
my cue man wanted me to try zan soft
good tip /alittle too soft for me/plan to try the medium which is just alittle harder than the g2 soft

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i just ordered 3 softs and got them within about a week
i live in florida
fwiw
i have used g2 soft exclusively for the past several years and loved them
the last 2 i had issues with them
hence my reason to try precision...getting them put on now
my cue man wanted me to try zan soft
good tip /alittle too soft for me/plan to try the medium which is just alittle harder than the g2 soft

Last edited:

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ordered 2 tips on Nov. 21 and no confirmation of purchase or other communication since.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
That's weird cause everytime I'm there, Dennis goes through the tips picks out the best ones and ships them that day. I'll show him this post.
Thank you! Like I said, normally no issue. Just the lack of response after multiple emails scares me.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
These came in on the 10th. Took a little long. USPS tracking said they were never dropped off. I tend to put more faith in Dennis/Precision then I do USPS and they very well could have just been sitting in a post office forever before they found them.

The one weird thing though, after 4 different emails to them and Dennis' Precision email address, I never received a response.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now it is 2023 and I am looking for recent reviews of Searing Precision Tips.
Let’s hear the good and maybe the bad or any thoughts at alll

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Every time I'm there he's still shipping tips at the end of the day.

My favorite tip...although I'm still a sucker for worn down LePros

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shoot with a medium. I break with the hard. I prefer to break with a hard leather tip rather then something synthetic.
I agree about the break tips. I have a few Odega break tips if your ever interested.
I have a soft and medium Searing on hand. I think I will put the medium on and hold the soft for later. Thank you!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I shoot with a medium. I break with the hard. I prefer to break with a hard leather tip rather then something synthetic.
I went with your recommendation and installed the medium Searing tip. I left it a bit on the tall side in the beginning and did not like it. It felt a bit odd compared to the Zan medium I have used for six months.
I took it down a little further and played with it today. Overall I am very happy with it now, no complaints whatsoever. Draw is fine no issues with spinning the cue ball and my cue ball control seems unaffected. New tips can be an adventure but at this point I am very happy with it.

Hope I feel the same in 4 - 6 weeks time!

Thanks for your advice and recommendation!