anyone tried playing with an OB break shaft?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i was thinking about getting one to play with. it should be stiff enough and i like 'em a little bigger than 12.75mm so at 13mm might work.

anyone tried this?
 
I have the OB break cue and I like it for a break cue, the shaft is to thick for me to use as a playing shaft but I guess it could work if that's your cup of tea.
 
I have the OB break cue and I like it for a break cue, the shaft is to thick for me to use as a playing shaft but I guess it could work if that's your cup of tea.

is it a pro taper? how far back does it go?

does it give like a normal maple shaft would?
 
I have had people run racks using mine but I would consider changing away from the Samsara hard tip unless you like extremely hard playing tips .

It is fairly stiff and I have used it when there was a room constraint from my normal cue


R

In the theory of full disclosure I am a OB rep but paid for my shaft that I use.
 
I have had people run racks using mine but I would consider changing away from the Samsara hard tip unless you like extremely hard playing tips .

It is fairly stiff and I have used it when there was a room constraint from my normal cue


R

In the theory of full disclosure I am a OB rep but paid for my shaft that I use.


cool bro. looks like i'll be giving it a try. if i can find a used one cheap enough
 
I play with a BK2 or a Sherm with the phenolic BK2 tip on it. I tried the OB Break shaft and it would have been fine if they would let me hack the Samsara off the end of it.
 
OB Break

I bought a used OB Break from someone selling on this board. It has the White Diamond phenolic.

I like it a lot, but (after accidentally swapping with another OB Break owner for a couple of weeks before we figured out what happened) have considered putting the original Samsara leather tip back on it.

According to the mfg., the same low-deflection properties of their playing cues (keeps the cue ball heading in the direction that you hit, regardless of the English) also allows more forgiveness with break miscues (same technology, different benefit!).

Even without that reasoning, I like how OB constructs their cues. If you haven't yet seen it, check out http://www.obcues.com/construction.html

American made and rigorous quality controls. After touring the facility, it's the only shaft I shoot: OB-1, OB Classic Pro, and OB Break.
 
Back
Top