Anyone try Inlace Acrylester?

blackhawk357m

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm close to finishing a cue for my girlfiends daughter, and she wanted something toxic green so I found inlace acrylester.

Wanted to know if anyone has tried using this stuff in a cue?

I have it cored with maple. Now I just need to finish the shaft lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nathan Brugmann

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, pretty cool!

Where in the heck did you get turning squares that big? I thought that material was sold in smaller pieces...though I suppose you could just order bigger pieces....?

GatzkeCues

It used to be a hobby
Silver Member
I like it. Dare to be different. Don't just think outside the box. Make a new box.

treed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
acrylicster

This stuff is very apt to crack in larger sections if dropped on a hard surface.I am quite familiar with this stuff,I only use it in small pieces do to the brittleness.it is tougher than acrylic,but it will not take the abuse like a wooden cue,and I do core my cues.the pieces also have a lot of inconsitances,as I think they are individually made.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks xlnt!

That cue is well beyond cool! I particularly like the rings in contrast with the green. Good job!

Robin Snyder

blackhawk357m

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue is finished!

Kaity wanted a linen wrap on it so she went with black w/ green specks. This cue hits VERY VERY stiff. Butt weighed in at 15.6 oz with a 4.0 oz shaft. Ultraskin :thumbup: hard tip, Uni-Loc pin

picture.php

picture.php