Anyone with any experience buying a table out of state?

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you do about shipping?

Do you just drive there and pick it up yourself?

Looking for a Gold Crown and nobody in my state has one for sale or at least what I want. If I happen to find one out of state how do I get it home?

I'm assuming the shipping rate would be tremendous!!! smh

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m in TN and drove out and back to PA to get a GC 1, after not finding what I wanted or could get to go up to the second floor.
But your decision might differ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrevorB

Registered
I’m in Indiana, purchased a GC1 in Michigan, about 300 miles each way. I hired a mechanic in MI to tear it down, then my son and I loaded up in a Honda Odyssey, with room to spare! Heavy lifting for sure, but certainly cheaper than shipping. I was quoted $2500 to ship. But I’m sure there are cheaper options.

Hired a local mechanic in Indy to set up for me.

Best of luck!

52687290148759a8b4595ead7eb9ed88.jpg

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to be careful as most trucking companies provide only CURBSIDE delivery- they will not go into your home or garage - so you must have the ability to get the table into your home yourself immediately or have a table mechanic waiting to do that for you when it arrives--- if the mechanic himself is not picking up the table for you.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago I bought a GC1 and drove around 500 miles to pick it up. I met the seller halfway. The table was in his Suburban and we reloaded it into my Tundra with a 6 foot bed.There were no issues at all with making it fit. I did put the rails and the plastic skirting inside.Frame and slates in back.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
in my small town in florida bob cunningham table mechanic/billiard supplies /pool room owner would for a fee drive to pick up a table and deliver it around the country,
he has since focused more on old pin ball machines /juke boxes etc
you migh ask in the mechanics section if anyone is interested in doing something like that

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m in Indiana, purchased a GC1 in Michigan, about 300 miles each way. I hired a mechanic in MI to tear it down, then my son and I loaded up in a Honda Odyssey, with room to spare! Heavy lifting for sure, but certainly cheaper than shipping. I was quoted $2500 to ship. But I’m sure there are cheaper options.

Hired a local mechanic in Indy to set up for me.

Best of luck!

52687290148759a8b4595ead7eb9ed88.jpg

Nice job packing that van. You had to tear the frame all the way down. I've moved dozens of tables all around the Southwest. I could put one in the bed of my pick up truck (torn down of course). If I was moving two or three tables I would rent a 5'x10' trailer for one extra table and a 6'x12' trailer for two tables. But you need a good strong pick-up to pull that load. Mine was a 3/4 Ton Chevy with the 350 motor. Any more than that and it was time to rent a truck. I could easily fit eight tables on a 26' truck from U Haul, Budget or Penske. I did have tables shipped to me from Minnesota on a train. It cost me under $2,000 ($1,700 I think) to ship eight tables after they were loaded in a container. I hired a crew on my end to unload them; two strong young guys and I paid them 200 each to transfer them to my truck. It took them maybe three or four hours. This was in the mid 80's and they were happy with the pay.