Anywhere to play in Florence, OR

ajohnson13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be in Florence, OR for a couple of days next week for work, and I will have some time to play in the evenings. I am hoping for a 9-ft, but I won't be picky, I will be happy with an old slow crooked bar-box. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
 
I am not crazy about commenting if I can be no help but I have been to Florence many times and have never seen a pool table. Thats not to say there isn't but I just spent 10 minutes on google and came up dry. I like the town and the area but it looks like you must byopt(bring your own pool table). Good luck and if you find anything share it with us.:)
 
Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. I spent a while on line looking around earlier, and found nothing. I will only be there for two days, and then to Portland for new years. My game will just have to wait until then. Thanks for the reply.
 
I have never been there but I did look this up for ya !

Hope it helps .

Larry


Newport Billiards

1329 N Coast Hwy
Newport, OR 97365 Map

* (541) 265-2231



Deans Pool Hall

402 Main St
Springfield, OR 97477 Map

* (541) 741-8188



Black Dog Billiards

436 Main St
Klamath Falls, OR 97601 Map

* (541) 884-8373



Rileys Billiards Bar & Grill

2nd Broadalbin
Corvallis, OR 97330

* (541) 926-2838
 
Well i tried out Jerry's place in florence on Sunday night, and they had two pretty nice bar boxes. When we got there, there were a few league players, but everyone cleared out pretty quick. My and my buddy played each other all night. The food was good for greasy bar food, and the atmosphere was laid back.

The second night, we found a place called the Beachcomber Tavern in downtown florence. They had an 8' bar box that played pretty good. Fast felt, good rubber, but a heavy cue ball. We didn't find much for competition that night.

The third night in town we went back to the Beachcomber. The Oregon Ducks bowl game was on and the place was pretty busy. I fired it up with a nice older gentlemen who played pretty good, and later in the night another player came in that really gave me a run for my money. We went back and forth all night, until it was time to call a cab.

All in all I am glad I found a decent table, and some decent competition. And I only donated a small amount to the Oregon State Lottery video poker machines!!
 
Thanks for getting back to us. I am there every year for a few days. I go for the oysters, dungeness crab and razor clams.:D
 
Cuebuddy said:
Thanks for getting back to us. I am there every year for a few days. I go for the oysters, dungeness crab and razor clams.:D

i go there a couple times a year myself, never even occured to me to try to find a pool table; it's hard enought to find a game in a big city much less florence, but im glad the op had a good time and found some players and tables.
 
Back
Top