Apa Las Vegas.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else have a team make it?! We're going for 8 ball open. Throwing 65552

we started fri night, finals are not till Monday night. we are in the finals. if we make it I cant play and will just be along for the ride. we had 2 players go up in handicap this weekend. hope no body else goes up tomorrow night, if so we cant field a team.

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we started fri night, finals are not till Monday night. we are in the finals. if we make it I cant play and will just be along for the ride. we had 2 players go up in handicap this weekend. hope no body else goes up tomorrow night, if so we cant field a team.

Sorry team, we are getting too strong. We are being sent home!:eek::mad:

Wow....

Good luck to all in Vegas.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry team, we are getting too strong. We are being sent home!:eek::mad:

Wow....

Good luck to all in Vegas.

I am not sure the meaning of your reply. sometimes its hard to detect humor, sarcasm, etc, etc through written words.

no where in my post was I whining or complaining , just stated facts.

I don't want to derail this thread at all but let me state some more fact.

some teams know how to work the system and some don't. well my team happens to be one that don't. there are 3 people on this team that have been together for 3 years now. the rest are fairly new.i was able to pick up a very good 7 who is now my co captain and last session picked up a very good 5. through practice sessions and very good coaching from these 2 new players the rest of our team has improved considerably. we improved so much that it caught up with us in handicaps being raised.

this weekend was a real eye opener as far as what I mean by working the system. not complaining mind you..just stating facts. this is the 1st time my team ever made it this far in the cities, we are in the finals tonight the team we face has been to vegas the last 2 years in a row. 1 person on that team has been to vegas 3 years in a row at the same level, a 5. only my co captain on my team has ever been to vegas.

I have played several people on that team several times and usually beat them during regular league. what a surprise fri night that a 6 who I have beat routinely, "their captain' PUTS A POOL SHOOTING CLINIC ON FRI NIGHT BEATING ME 5-0 AND PLAYED 27 SAFES DURING OUR MATCH.! sat morning he beats a 7 5-0. fact is tonight when we play them he is still a 6. their 5 who went to vegas singles 3 years in a row as a 5 put an ass whipping on a friend of mine sat morning who is a 6 will still be a 5 when we play them tonight.

fact is our 5 went up to a 6 after beating a 4 fri night in 16 innings. fact is our 2 went up to a 3 after beating another 2 in 18 innings.

again I am not complaining, just stating facts. I still love playing in apa but at 60 years old I am giving up trying to get to vegas, this weekend was torture on my body. well I got to go to work. let you know tonight how we did in the finals.

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just saying the APA system is frustrating to those who want to win without playing the system. I feel your pain.

Everyone says its just a great way to get out and have a night out, just have fun.

Ultimately, everyone wants to win though, that's the point, and to win in the APA is not very straightforward task.

Sorry to thread jack.:embarrassed2:

Good luck to you.

Racing-Robbie

Registered
If you don't play under ranked its hard to win pretty much once u pass the 50% win line u have a chance of moving up. Just don't play 7 speed and be a 3 lol

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
the 8ball team i play with won this weekend. Our team cruised pretty well, logging a 12-1 match record for cities. Lots of double hill matches, just all of em went our way. Some weird stuff happened to. Im playing a pretty solid 4 in a 5-2 race. He wins the 3 game to make it 2-1 and then when its 3-1 i run to the 8 but dog it and he plays safe while pecking down his balls til there are only three balls on the table. He leaves me real tough and im forced to go for a do or die kick from a very awkward angle. I hit the ball and get to a rail. My opponent, in deep concentration while looking at his two remaining balls walks over and picks up the cueball thinking he had bih. very weird stuff happens when the pressure is on.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
You probably need a back-up plan.

Agreed, I hope your 2 isn't a guy, remember, No male 2's at the national level.
If you're winning any of your matches at least one of you is very likely to go up.
Do you have more than 5 players going? What are the other S/L's?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'll let you folks know in a week. Our state LTCs are this weekend. I have two shots, both 8 & 9.

Gotta say, I'm feeling a little depressed, reading all the stuff here the last week, and lorider in particular. My 9-ball team is in a similar situation. The frustrating thing for us is that we've had 9 months to stew on it. We won our tri cups for both teams last September. If our 9-ball team was constructed now as we were then, I'd really like our chances, at least at state level. Of course, all this time has passed, and we have had every member of that team go up, save one. We can still field a good team, but the team in September was great.

Oh well, at least we get to try. There are some folks around here who have played a long time and never got to states.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I'll let you folks know in a week. Our state LTCs are this weekend. I have two shots, both 8 & 9.

Gotta say, I'm feeling a little depressed, reading all the stuff here the last week, and lorider in particular. My 9-ball team is in a similar situation. The frustrating thing for us is that we've had 9 months to stew on it. We won our tri cups for both teams last September. If our 9-ball team was constructed now as we were then, I'd really like our chances, at least at state level. Of course, all this time has passed, and we have had every member of that team go up, save one. We can still field a good team, but the team in September was great.

Oh well, at least we get to try. There are some folks around here who have played a long time and never got to states.

Listen dub, you and your team hang in there. Last year we faced a situation where we had a full roster but only 6 were tournament eligible and after our first match when 6 went up to a 7, only 5 of us could play. That turned out to be a real blessing, there was one less thing to worry about,. every one that was going to play knew it, the captain knew it. It sort of gave us a sense of freedom and being loose. It's kind of out of your hands, all you can do is play. You all, one by one, take care of your own match and let the rest fall into place. No second thoughts, no questions about I should have put him or I wish we'd have put up her. All you can do now is play

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Listen dub, you and your team hang in there. Last year we faced a situation where we had a full roster but only 6 were tournament eligible and after our first match when 6 went up to a 7, only 5 of us could play. That turned out to be a real blessing, there was one less thing to worry about,. every one that was going to play knew it, the captain knew it. It sort of gave us a sense of freedom and being loose. It's kind of out of your hands, all you can do is play. You all, one by one, take care of your own match and let the rest fall into place. No second thoughts, no questions about I should have put him or I wish we'd have put up her. All you can do now is play

True, true.

And I got all kinds of other things I can worry about, if I so choose. :p

Like, the fact that over half of each of my teams has never played on a 7-footer before, let alone a Diamond, and that's what we play on this weekend. But that's a whole other thread, one that I plan on starting in a day or two, once the Bonus Ball furor dies down, heh heh.

It's gonna be fun, regardless. As I said, it's great to have the opportunity. I haven't been to states in a couple years myself, and we have several first timers between both teams. They're all pretty excited.