APA Meet up in Vegas

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per a discussion in another thread, there's a lot of interest in an AZB meet and greet in Las Vegas.

For those who would like to meet up, let's meet on Wednesday (8/20) at 5:00 at the Fireside Lounge in the Peppermill.

Peppermill is just south of the Riviera -- IIRC, you exit the Riv from the south exit (the "South lobby & group entrance"), walk across the parking lot of a dumpy motel (La Concha?), and then you're at the Peppermill.

The reason for this location is that the Splash Bar is crowded and has bad service, whereas Peppermill has always been nice and friendly. 5:00 on Wednesday is between rounds, so teams that play at 1:00 or at 6:00 should be able to make it. And some 9-ball and Masters players should still be around on Wednesday.

See you then!

Cory

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK -- I'm game. Thanks for stepping up and picking a time/location.

Will it be easy enough to find one another in the bar?

Jeff

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
D Player said:
OK -- I'm game. Thanks for stepping up and picking a time/location.

Will it be easy enough to find one another in the bar?

Jeff
It shouldn't be crowded at that time. Also, look for the people carrying cues and wearing team shirts...:)

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory in DC said:
Per a discussion in another thread, there's a lot of interest in an AZB meet and greet in Las Vegas.

For those who would like to meet up, let's meet on Wednesday (8/20) at 5:00 at the Fireside Lounge in the Peppermill.

Peppermill is just south of the Riviera -- IIRC, you exit the Riv from the south exit (the "South lobby & group entrance"), walk across the parking lot of a dumpy motel (La Concha?), and then you're at the Peppermill.

The reason for this location is that the Splash Bar is crowded and has bad service, whereas Peppermill has always been nice and friendly. 5:00 on Wednesday is between rounds, so teams that play at 1:00 or at 6:00 should be able to make it. And some 9-ball and Masters players should still be around on Wednesday.

See you then!

Cory

Sounds good, i'll try and make it... hopefully some of the people there already will see this, I know 9ball it starting up.

Cueballdg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meet and Greet

:thumbup:
Scott Gracio and I will try to be there for this if we are not playing.
Team name for Masters that Scott and I playing in is
pooljunkies
wa

or I will have a shirt with the name
PLAYERS
WA

Hope to see everyone there

Dan Glynn

D Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory in DC said:
It shouldn't be crowded at that time. Also, look for the people carrying cues and wearing team shirts...:)

While I've been to Vegas before, I have never been to the APA nationals. I guess I assumed everybody near the Riviera would be dressed in matching shirts and carrying pool cues :grin:

Jeff <----has much to learn

Lucky Fish

Ahhh, to be an inlay
Silver Member
Cory in DC said:

It must have been a few years since you were last in Vegas!
The La Concha? has beeen down for at least 2-3 years it is just a big open field now :D

Anyhow.... have fun and win lotsa moola!

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky Fish said:
It must have been a few years since you were last in Vegas!
The La Concha? has beeen down for at least 2-3 years it is just a big open field now :D

Anyhow.... have fun and win lotsa moola!
Thanks. I actually stayed one night at La Concha once upon a time...hard to distinguish from an empty lot. More bugs in the room than the empty lot, probably.

But thanks for the update, this should help avoid confusion for anyone looking for Peppermill.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
I'll see you there (again) Cory in DC as long as my team is not playing at that exact moment. Look forward to it.