ARAMITH 100 NEW BALL SET

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The solids design is interesting, minimalistic.

‘100’ on the opposite side, hm ok. Unoriginal but not offensive

Always a fan when striped balls have the number in the white ‘field’ (i.e. Centennials, Predators)

Box looks shnazzy.

$500 though? Tough sell.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colors look nice.

I feel like there’s a little bit of form over function. My heart wants the numbers on the balls to be clearly legible. It takes a minor step backward with the logo replacing where the number would be on one side and the numbers on the solid without contrast irks me too.

None of that matters really. I can play just by looking at the colors. I guess I just have a traditional preference on the balls. I’m just hoping to see traditional balls with slightly more vibrant colors.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a fan really. I like my traditional Tournaments. But I get it; new products for new customers. The old guys like me can continue to purchase traditional sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not a fan of the 100 logo on the opposite side and the design of the low numbered balls.
Not having the ball number on two sides is not good. Some people need to be able to read the ball's number to know what ball it is (color-blind people being one such group). The number on one side of a ball is often either not visible at all or difficult to read.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure who would buy a set of balls that look like that, they sure would never be on my table.
If they are truly higher quality than other balls (with their "Duramith Technology" plus improved resin), I imagine they will eventually be used in many events.

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In case people don't want to dig through the link:

View attachment 703204

View attachment 703205
full
I couldn't find these photos anywhere in the article. Good job!
I couldnt find them either
thanks for finding the pics 👍

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like there’s a little bit of form over function. My heart wants the numbers on the balls to be clearly legible. It takes a minor step backward with the logo replacing where the number would be on one side and the numbers on the solid without contrast irks me too.

None of that matters really. I can play just by looking at the colors. I guess I just have a traditional preference on the balls. I’m just hoping to see traditional balls with slightly more vibrant colors.
Where do you see the colors? All I’ve seen so far are the 8, 9, 1, 15 and the cue ball.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it a lot! Reminds me of the Tungsten set I got for $65 delivered, which is my favorite set.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
:) tip of the hat to the private eye scoop,
I was thinking the numbered balls would have had the same warm white/depth/font characteristics as the cue ball presented, a different unique look from the norm for sure, would of for me be tough to focus on.
Instead, the sharp color contrast makes more sense for a serious game.
I'll take a full set of solids and stripes with their One Hundred logo only, for play.

...oh, and the cue ball in the same bright white as the 15 shown but they forget to number and stripe it, I'm good.
however, because of the savings, cost from not numbering and price out in that $65 range, I'll take 4 sets...

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you see the colors? All I’ve seen so far are the 8, 9, 1, 15 and the cue ball.
Sorry for being misleading. I’ve seen what you’ve seen. Just from what I can tell I like the vibrancy of the yellow and maroon.

Reactions: bbb

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
{snip}

...oh, and the cue ball in the same bright white as the 15 shown but they forget to number and stripe it, I'm good.
however, because of the savings, cost from not numbering and price out in that $65 range, I'll take 4 sets...
...like this?

White 100 Cue Ball.jpg

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This white cue ball looks completely different than the yellowish hue cue ball showing on the Aramith website.
That's because I made it the same white at the 15, which he referenced in his post.

I agree with him. They need to make the cue ball white.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no thanks! As much as I hate the black balls, I have to say I would get the black ones over these. That 100 logo is hideous and distracting.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to point something out. A thick vitrification layer is good news. I am doing my own research and I’ll tell you, trying to crack the vitrification layer with a hammer is not easy. If it is 3 times thicker as advertised then these balls will last forever with little wear.

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Billiard industry need to do focus groups on their products. Seems like companies just make what they want and shove it down our throats until we just accept it.