Aramith Tournament, Traditional or TV?

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
My wife and I moved to Vegas in February and we have the space carved out (in the living room!) for the new 8 foot Diamond Pro am and the Littman light is hung.

I am going to by the Aramith tournament ball set and wanted to know if you guys have any preference between the TV and the Traditional set. I am sure they would play the same, just looking for impressions against the Simonis Tournament blue.

Thanks!

-dj

Attachments

• 20210502_114644.jpg
    20210502_114644.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 132

crazy8legs

Registered
Nice setup! My favorite, especially on tournament blue cloth, are the Super Aramith Tournament Pro-Cup TV set. I think the pink 4/12 and brown 7/15 just stand out more, and look better imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife and I moved to Vegas in February and we have the space carved out (in the living room!) for the new 8 foot Diamond Pro am and the Littman light is hung.

I am going to by the Aramith tournament ball set and wanted to know if you guys have any preference between the TV and the Traditional set. I am sure they would play the same, just looking for impressions against the Simonis Tournament blue.

Thanks!

-dj
TRADITIONAL all the way.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the TV set looks good on the blue cloth, the traditional set on green.

The 4/12 pink and 7/15 brown seem to look better on the blue cloth.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Tournament set looks good on the blue cloth, the traditional set on green.

The 4/12 pink and 7/15 brown seem to look better on the blue cloth.
Both sets are the Tournament. One is trad. and on is for TELEVISION. The t.v. colors were designed to be easier to see on LOW definition t.v. Has nothing to do with cloth color. With current HD tv/streams the tv colors are no longer needed.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both sets are the Tournament. One is trad. and on is for TELEVISION. The t.v. colors were designed to be easier to see on LOW definition t.v. Has nothing to do with cloth color. With current HD tv/streams the tv colors are no longer needed.

I updated my post literally 30 seconds after I posted it. Yes, TV. Got it

And I’m talking about what looks good to me in PERSON, not on TV

thank you

Floydbeth

Registered

Thanks!

-dj
Traditional

Attachments

• 2C57472C-6A84-4BCF-BB0E-7752CAC94D8C.jpeg
    2C57472C-6A84-4BCF-BB0E-7752CAC94D8C.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 139

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice setup! My favorite, especially on tournament blue cloth, are the Super Aramith Tournament Pro-Cup TV set. I think the pink 4/12 and brown 7/15 just stand out more, and look better imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The need for 'tv balls' has long since passed. ESPN needed them in the 90' when pool was on tv. The old low deft cams has trouble with red colors. HD has no problem. The companies keep making them to make money. I have centennials and aramiths. I have mixed them together and found no difference in playability. The CB makes a difference. I have many CB's and they all play different.
Good luck

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Thanks!

-dj
I have one of each in like new condition if you want to save on new. I bought them because the retail boxes were damaged, but they were barely played since

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

I originally bough the Tournament Set in traditional colors in 2018 when I got my table but I bought a set of Brunswick Centennials a few months ago and I really like them much better.
Good luck
Paul

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I originally bough the Tournament Set in traditional colors in 2018 when I got my table but I bought a set of Brunswick Centennials a few months ago and I really like them much better.
Good luck
Paul
In what way? Looks? They both play the same. Curious is all.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

-dj
My vote would be for the Aramith tournament in the traditional colors. They stay cleaner and newer looking than any of the other premium sets including the Brunswick Centennials.