Arvorin Rod for Sale - Ivory substitute.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the rods arrived today, fast than schedule. updates have edited already on first page.

OD15mm 30-33cm 72g
OD25mm 30-33cm 190g
OD38mm 30-33cm 425g

Thanks.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the tracking no. has sent via PM or email. kindly check.

Thanks for trying this new material. any feedback will be appreciated.

Last edited:

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
selling end today.

the rods selling will end today. thanks guys for placing order & trying this new material. if feedback good more than bad, will hold another presell after couple of weeks.

below have JP photos using this material for reference.

Tks, Perry

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 790
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 796

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I received my two feet of this material in ferrule size today. Right off the bat when I opened it both rods were bent pretty severely. The OP told me to just try bending it back and when I did this it just snapped in half. It is very soft.

Anyways, I was curious how it cut and chucked up one of the halves that snapped and since it was so bent I couldn't really get it to run true but I did my best. I then drilled, tapped, screwed onto a piece of dowel, and proceeded to cut down like any other ferrule. It cuts like juma but a little bit more flake with the ribbons. It smells like fiberglass when cutting and it not pleasant at all. While sanding it clogs up the paper quickly and the debris turns into little rolls.

I got it polished up and while it does polish nicely it was full of pits. I have yet to install and actually use but I was curious how it would cut and polish. I am not too excited to use it on a ferrule now that I see the finished product.

Here are a couple of photos showing both sides. One side is nice but the other is heavily pitted.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
abt the pitted, I haven't receive the feedback before. it's on the surface or the inner material? moreover, did all rod that way?

it's flexible material. more slender(like ferrule size), more easy to get bent on 30cm length. it can bend by hand or rough handling during transport. will see if can find better package solution to keep straight during transport.

Tks, Perry

I received my two feet of this material in ferrule size today. Right off the bat when I opened it both rods were bent pretty severely. The OP told me to just try bending it back and when I did this it just snapped in half. It is very soft.

Anyways, I was curious how it cut and chucked up one of the halves that snapped and since it was so bent I couldn't really get it to run true but I did my best. I then drilled, tapped, screwed onto a piece of dowel, and proceeded to cut down like any other ferrule. It cuts like juma but a little bit more flake with the ribbons. It smells like fiberglass when cutting and it not pleasant at all. While sanding it clogs up the paper quickly and the debris turns into little rolls.

I got it polished up and while it does polish nicely it was full of pits. I have yet to install and actually use but I was curious how it would cut and polish. I am not too excited to use it on a ferrule now that I see the finished product.

Here are a couple of photos showing both sides. One side is nice but the other is heavily pitted.

Last edited:

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
I trimmed it down to about 13.2 and that is when the pits started showing up as it was getting closer to finish size.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
sounds like joint pins...all over again...
to me, if it's a new product that hasn't been tested, the customer should be provided with a free trial piece and see how things go. Charging a pretty good market ready price and not being market ready is wrong...IMO. Hopefully Perry makes it right by the customers, but...really...? 2 projects with both failing grades. No offence meant to Perry, but, Maybe Perry should learn a little about cue building and repair so that he will have a better understanding of what is required in these fields for quality materials before trying another venture into our world.

HDR10

HR Custom Cues
Silver Member
sounds like joint pins...all over again...
to me, if it's a new product that hasn't been tested, the customer should be provided with a free trial piece and see how things go. Charging a pretty good market ready price and not being market ready is wrong...IMO. Hopefully Perry makes it right by the customers, but...really...? 2 projects with both failing grades. No offence meant to Perry, but, Maybe Perry should learn a little about cue building and repair so that he will have a better understanding of what is required in these fields for quality materials before trying another venture into our world.
Totally agree! Sometimes being temporarily being broke is a good thing...lol

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Perry has offered me a full refund once I ship all material back. Thank you Perry.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Perry has offered me a full refund once I ship all material back. Thank you Perry.

Good to hear, it seems that he stands behind what he is selling. IMO, I would hope that he learns from this and does some product testing on future items before selling openly worldwide. There are quite a few cue makers in his country that would probably be willing to test his products beforehand and give feedback and allow him to tweak it before releasing a product to the open market. This would save him the headaches that these issues have caused. Just my thoughts,
Dave

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

At this point I'm glad I took a wait and see approach. Sometimes it really sucks to be a beta tester.

TW

It's only money.... I can send you a piece of each size to look at if you'd like. I haven't had much time to do anything except fish in the last couple months....

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
It's only money.... I can send you a piece of each size to look at if you'd like. I haven't had much time to do anything except fish in the last couple months....

Sorry, but to some of us on the bottom of the totem pole, money IS a big concern...spending money on a defective product is NOT in my best interest.... I, and a lot of others here cannot afford to buy a product that turns out to be crap just because it's $2 cheaper...we should not be the beta testers....
Dave