Attention Dinoboy!..

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(Don't understand why they closed the other thread???)

Dino, sorry if you perceived my posts as 'bashing'..I certainly did not have that intent!..Your dad and I had a very odd relationship, which for the most part, was probably my fault!..You were never privy to some of our biggest problems, so you do not know the whole story!..He was taken from us rather suddenly, and I regret not getting square with him. (as we had done many times in the past)..There were many outside influences, that you were not aware of!

PS..Please understand this, I wish you and your sister only the best!

Last edited:

Dinoboy

Registered
I appreciate that. But so you know, i was with my dad everyday and night hustling pool since 1987, and he taught me just about everything he had to teach. The only thing was, i was injured about 12 or so years ago, and was unable to play pool. So, the last 12 or so years, i wasn't with him at the poolroom. I was with him everyday however, and he told me everything about everything for every moment we spent together. I was in fact privy to just about everything in his life, that was our relationship. I appreciate your reaching out. Dino Frederick Bentivegna.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate that. But so you know, i was with my dad everyday and night hustling pool since 1987, and he taught me just about everything he had to teach. The only thing was, i was injured about 12 or so years ago, and was unable to play pool. So, the last 12 or so years, i wasn't with him at the poolroom. I was with him everyday however, and he told me everything about everything for every moment we spent together. I was in fact privy to just about everything in his life, that was our relationship. I appreciate your reaching out. Dino Frederick Bentivegna.

Thanks Dino..Then you may recall, your dad and I initially got along fine..We were both very complimentary toward each other..Thats why I have several stories, still on his website, in the 'War Stories' section!..Through all our verbal confrontations over the years, he never removed them!

It was not until his blow-up with Artie B. that we started having a minor discord!..He thought I took Arties side in that dispute, and I guess maybe I sorta did!..But our main problem, came about when Mr.3cushion butted in, and convinced Fred to buy into a bunch of stuff about me, that I was a dumper, and a cheat, who sluffed off my backers money, and any other obvious falsehood he could come up with!..Thats when I bowed my neck, and it became an all out verbal war between the three of us!

Were it not for him, (3C) your dad and I would have ironed out any minor spats, as we had in the past!. Just know this..I always liked your dad, and I wish I could take back some of the hurtful things I said to him! (and I would have)..But he was gone all too suddenly!

Again, heres hoping you and Cat can carry on his worthwhile legacy! :thumbup:

Dick

PS..I hope the mods will consider this is my attempt to sort of clear the air!..There are many who know the whole story, but also quite few who don't. :frown:

Last edited:

Dinoboy

Registered
Dick.. I was with my dad every time he was on the forums, and he explained all about it during and afterwords. Also, I know mr.3cushion isn't liked by everyone, nobody is, that's life, we all have our own personal knockers.For example, my own sister hates me for some reason, and wont even accept my friends request on FB, and wont tell me why. She wont even accept my help with the website, and i was the original creator ( only because my dad didn't know web design), but as my father's son, i felt it was my duty to help him anyway i could. However, mr.3cushion has known me almost as long as iv'e been alive, and i'm in my 40's. I admit, i don't know if he really said, or what you say he said to my dad, but i was not there at the time, so i admit my ignorance in this matter, but keep in mind, you two were not on the best of terms. They had their "spats", like any lifelong friendship, but when it came down to it, they both would always' make amends, and things would be back to normal.
Very few people have been there for me since my dad died... Billy was one of those people, and still is. If there was only one thing i knew about my dad, it was that he would never take action based on someone else's opinion. So, what i'm trying to say is , anything my dad would have felt or posted or simply put....( acted upon), was always' of his own opinion, and what he felt in his heart. He had great perspicacity, especially when it came to people, and would never say, or post something that he did not truly believe in.. Let me make it clear that i'm not judging you in this matter in anyway, it happens to be one of the topics/stories of which i know little about. All i'm trying to do is let you know more about my dad's character. He rarely accepted my opinions, (and i was his only son, and true protoge), not just in pool, but in life, and that's how a father/son relationship should be. He certainly would never accept anyone else's, and then use it to take action!. My dad told me many times, (only a sucker beef's) and to always' take full responsibility for your OWN actions. It just sounds like you are trying to find someone to blame for some of your actions, which is why i'm attempting to impart to you the true nature that is my father. I sincerely hope you understand some thing's you were not aware of about him. Even if Billy did tell my father those thing's, don't forget, you two were not on the best of terms, and i could be wrong, but after knowing a loyal friend to my father most of my life (including my childhood), i find it hard to believe he would completely fabricate a story about your deed's, or anyone's ( again i don't know for sure). What i do know for sure, is that any roomers regarding my father and Billy, whether they are true or false, (and on that subject, i happen to be quite privy to) were straightened out a long time ago.
I hope this reply helps you understand my father a little better, i truly do! By the way, Artie is a guy that can't be convinced to do or accept anything that he didn't want to, just like my dad, both stubborn as mule's! p.s, i appreciate the best wishes! sincerely, Dino Frederick Bentivegna.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dick.. I was with my dad every time he was on the forums, and he explained all about it during and afterwords. Also, I know mr.3cushion isn't liked by everyone, nobody is, that's life, we all have our own personal knockers.For example, my own sister hates me for some reason, and wont even accept my friends request on FB, and wont tell me why. She wont even accept my help with the website, and i was the original creator ( only because my dad didn't know web design), but as my father's son, i felt it was my duty to help him anyway i could. However, mr.3cushion has known me almost as long as iv'e been alive, and i'm in my 40's. I admit, i don't know if he really said, or what you say he said to my dad, but i was not there at the time, so i admit my ignorance in this matter, but keep in mind, you two were not on the best of terms. They had their "spats", like any lifelong friendship, but when it came down to it, they both would always' make amends, and things would be back to normal.
Very few people have been there for me since my dad died... Billy was one of those people, and still is. If there was only one thing i knew about my dad, it was that he would never take action based on someone else's opinion. So, what i'm trying to say is , anything my dad would have felt or posted or simply put....( acted upon), was always' of his own opinion, and what he felt in his heart. He had great perspicacity, especially when it came to people, and would never say, or post something that he did not truly believe in.. Let me make it clear that i'm not judging you in this matter in anyway, it happens to be one of the topics/stories of which i know little about. All i'm trying to do is let you know more about my dad's character. He rarely accepted my opinions, (and i was his only son, and true protoge), not just in pool, but in life, and that's how a father/son relationship should be. He certainly would never accept anyone else's, and then use it to take action!. My dad told me many times, (only a sucker beef's) and to always' take full responsibility for your OWN actions. It just sounds like you are trying to find someone to blame for some of your actions, which is why i'm attempting to impart to you the true nature that is my father. I sincerely hope you understand some thing's you were not aware of about him. Even if Billy did tell my father those thing's, don't forget, you two were not on the best of terms, and i could be wrong, but after knowing a loyal friend to my father most of my life (including my childhood), i find it hard to believe he would completely fabricate a story about your deed's, or anyone's ( again i don't know for sure). What i do know for sure, is that any roomers regarding my father and Billy, whether they are true or false, (and on that subject, i happen to be quite privy to) were straightened out a long time ago.
I hope this reply helps you understand my father a little better, i truly do! By the way, Artie is a guy that can't be convinced to do or accept anything that he didn't want to, just like my dad, both stubborn as mule's! p.s, i appreciate the best wishes! sincerely, Dino Frederick Bentivegna.

Dino, I can't do anything about your relationship with Bill Smith..All I can say is, you will never find anyone who knows me, who will concur with ANY of his complete fabrications regarding my character, or lack of it!..I know your dad did not rely on others opinions, but as our relationship deteriorated, he did side with anything Smith said, and I doubt he really believed most of it...he just used it mainly to irritate me! :frown: You are not giving me enough credit, for knowing your dad, Artie and Smith as well as anyone possibly could!..And yes, we are/were all 'stubborn as mules'! (but one of us is, and always has been, a complete psychotic) :rolleyes:

PS..Glad to see you sharing your thoughts, and taking an interest in the forum..Can't you find a way to get your sister more involved, or does she just not care?

Sincerely..Dick

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although this is all very interesting, it really smells like classic "private conversation" type stuff. Your call, just a thought.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although this is all very interesting, it really smells like classic "private conversation" type stuff. Your call, just a thought.

Agreed, it is somewhat private in nature..But it all started here and I for one, am just grateful to have Dino sharing his thoughts with us about his dad!..As long as he's comfortable with it, I see no real harm!..We all miss Fred..Thats why you, and many others, find it so 'interesting'! :yes:

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
the beard

I believe his daughter post here on the main forum from time to time.

Bank on it'

Rob.M

Dinoboy

Registered
SJD, i am taking more interest with this site. I have come to learn that some people that have power over the site (the ones i now know), are great guys and got me back as a member almost immediately. Anyway, let's get to the point.
I'm assuming by your disdain for Bill that he's the "psychopath" to whom you're referring. I'd like to start by saying, that's not a very classy thing to say to ME. He's been there for me and My dad, ever since I can remember, and these replies are between you and me, and my dad never did anything based on rumor or peer pressure. He wasn't trying to"irritate" you, it was in pure self defense, just like my first reply the other day, to a comment you said about me and my family.. But first i want to say that Billy and Artie were always' special, lifelong friends', and like close friend's, there are good times and bad times, but in the end they had always made amends because they knew how important it is to have those type of friends stay in your life. Funny however, that he never mentioned you and him as ever being good friends at any point in time, and he told me everything..but hey, i could be wrong, maybe he forgot.
As far as you, i think everyone gave you credit, as a great player, and my dad only believed in defending himself, unless pushed too far. I've seen your comments', and they were completely inappropriate to say about a man like my father and his family during the first four years of his passing.
I was deeply offended. I don't even talk to my sister, and she hates me, but i'll still defend her to anyone because she represents my dads legacy!
I suggest if you have an issue with Bill, or anyone that cant defend themselves because they're not currently able to reply, to keep it to yourself, or confront him directly.
I will ask around about you and my dad in the early years, and try to get a handle on the kind of relationship you had back then, because i WILL admit that i could be wrong.
My sister does not do web design (that's why so much old stuff is still on the site. Keep in mind, the website business was just dropped in her lap, and she may not be friendly, but she does strive for success, so everyone should give her some slack, unless she does something uncalled for, then do what you must, i understand. However her primary goal is raising her children and running a website,NOT, toying around on pool forums! In other words, don't judge her for having a life, and not being a"poolbug"like the rest of us. She does however lots of pool stuff on Facebook, even more than me.
I will investigate your past with my dad though. Just quit judging, in fact don't even mention her name on here, she's probably never even heard of you. One of the greatest quotes by my dad was "only a sucker beef's" Pool is completely new to her, and her life is very complicated. I however, am able to defend myself to ANYONE, especially when it comes to pool or anything else!
sincerely, Dino Frederick Bentivegna.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJD, i am taking more interest with this site. I have come to learn that some people that have power over the site (the ones i now know), are great guys and got me back as a member almost immediately. Anyway, let's get to the point.
I'm assuming by your disdain for Bill that he's the "psychopath" to whom you're referring. I'd like to start by saying, that's not a very classy thing to say to ME. He's been there for me and My dad, ever since I can remember, and these replies are between you and me, and my dad never did anything based on rumor or peer pressure. He wasn't trying to"irritate" you, it was in pure self defense, just like my first reply the other day, to a comment you said about me and my family.. But first i want to say that Billy and Artie were always' special, lifelong friends', and like close friend's, there are good times and bad times, but in the end they had always made amends because they knew how important it is to have those type of friends stay in your life. Funny however, that he never mentioned you and him as ever being good friends at any point in time, and he told me everything..but hey, i could be wrong, maybe he forgot.
As far as you, i think everyone gave you credit, as a great player, and my dad only believed in defending himself, unless pushed too far. (**) I've seen your comments', and they were completely inappropriate to say about a man like my father and his family during the first four years of his passing.
I was deeply offended. I don't even talk to my sister, and she hates me, but i'll still defend her to anyone because she represents my dads legacy!
I suggest if you have an issue with Bill, or anyone that cant defend themselves because they're not currently able to reply, to keep it to yourself, or confront him directly.
I will ask around about you and my dad in the early years, and try to get a handle on the kind of relationship you had back then, because i WILL admit that i could be wrong.
My sister does not do web design (that's why so much old stuff is still on the site. Keep in mind, the website business was just dropped in her lap, and she may not be friendly, but she does strive for success, so everyone should give her some slack, unless she does something uncalled for, then do what you must, i understand. However her primary goal is raising her children and running a website,NOT, toying around on pool forums! In other words, don't judge her for having a life, and not being a"poolbug"like the rest of us. She does however lots of pool stuff on Facebook, even more than me.
I will investigate your past with my dad though. Just quit judging, in fact don't even mention her name on here, she's probably never even heard of you. One of the greatest quotes by my dad was "only a sucker beef's" Pool is completely new to her, and her life is very complicated. I however, am able to defend myself to ANYONE, especially when it comes to pool or anything else!

Fair enough Dino!..I admit, I have let my dislike for Bill Smith dominate our exchanges..But I certainly don't believe I have ever tried to belittle you, your sister, or anyone else in your family!..By all means, please do research your dad and my earlier years..Why would I say anything untruthful, about something so easily verifiable?..I hope we can keep our exchanges productive and civil, and not drift off into bitterness..In keeping with that effort, I will not mention Smith again!

PS.. (**)..I can't imagine, what you are referring to, when you say I made inappropriate comments, when your dad passed?..It would be impossible to point them out to me, because there are none!

Sincerely, Dick

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as you, i think everyone gave you credit, as a great player, and my dad only believed in defending himself, unless pushed too far. I've seen your comments', and they were completely inappropriate to say about a man like my father and his family during the first four years of his passing.

My general rule of thumb is to not speak ill of the dead. And I totally get that as your father's son you think fondly of him, as many of us do, despite our personal differences.

However, no one is/was perfect. Men have flaws, your dad included -- do not paint him as only a saint spouting nothing but proverbs.

And despite his relationship with your family, Bill Smith was a hated man in Chicago and a total nuisance on the pool forums, second only to the legendary Fast Larry. I suggest you keep that in mind when considering where SJD is coming from. Bill Smith poured napalm on what was going on between Freddy and Dick.

This thread has the potential to turn into a total flame fest that will not serve the memory of your father well -- IMO you would do well to let it go and accept SJD's sincere and well intentioned peace offering because I can tell you that many of us saw what happened between Freddy and Dick from a totally different perspective than you.

Let it go. We all loved Freddy. He left us too soon.

Lou Figueroa

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My general rule of thumb is to not speak ill of the dead. And I totally get that as your father's son you think fondly of him, as many of us do, despite our personal differences.

However, no one is/was perfect. Men have flaws, your dad included -- do not paint him as only a saint spouting nothing but proverbs.

And despite his relationship with your family, Bill Smith was a hated man in Chicago and a total nuisance on the pool forums, second only to the legendary Fast Larry. I suggest you keep that in mind when considering where SJD is coming from. Bill Smith poured napalm on what was going on between Freddy and Dick.

This thread has the potential to turn into a total flame fest that will not serve the memory of your father well -- IMO you would do well to let it go and accept SJD's sincere and well intentioned peace offering because I can tell you that many of us saw what happened between Freddy and Dick from a totally different perspective than you.

Let it go. We all loved Freddy. He left us too soon.

Lou Figueroa

Great advice. Kudos to you.

Last edited:

Dinoboy

Registered
i agree, i'm a little rusty at the forums. I only posted my replies on here because the comments were already here. Thanks for the heads up. By the way, can someone tell me how to use the quotes so that people know what and or who i am responding to. I havent been on any forums in a long time, and just realized i should have been doing that. Thanks, Dino

Last edited:

Dinoboy

Registered
In regards to Lfigueroa's comment,
Trust me, nobody battled and argued with my dad more than me, but he was still my dad. I hate my sister, but she is still my sister. I almost got into fist fights with my dad at times, but we always made up.
I know your post was well intentioned and had some good points. I only hope you ask the same of SJD, in regards to the little digs he makes about my sister, you cant say he hasn't made them. However now i only want things squared away, and i already have let it go. I believe we have come a long way, and i hope he feels the same. All i want to do now is talk pool, and be on good terms with everyone, including SJD.

Last edited:

Dinoboy

Registered
I decided to take your word for it regarding your past friendship with my dad. Also, i would rather let the matter go, and not point out any comments that offended me. I'd rather talk pool on a pool forum. I'm sure you agree. I'd like to consider this matter resolved and i hope were good now. sincerely Dino B
p.s, id like to hear about your past friendship with my father from you. I'm sure you have stories.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to take your word for it regarding your past friendship with my dad. Also, i would rather let the matter go, and not point out any comments that offended me. I'd rather talk pool on a pool forum. I'm sure you agree. I'd like to consider this matter resolved and i hope were good now. sincerely Dino B
p.s, id like to hear about your past friendship with my father from you. I'm sure you have stories.

Yes, There are many stories (posts) regarding our first few years of getting to know each other..Unfortunately, I cannot access them because I am banned from the site, (onepocket.org)..It is however, common knowledge to all the regulars, that your dad was the one who gave his utmost effort to get me installed in the 1P Hall of Fame!..We also spoke on the phone, many times!

I am ready to move on too Dino and put this all behind us!..There is just one thing still bothering me..That is how you considered me saying anything derogatory, or insulting about your sister?..All I ever said was, she seemed 'disinterested' in the forums, which I thought you agreed with!

BTW, all you have to do, to quote someone, is push the 'quote' button after their post, and you are automatically set up to reply to them..Just make sure you are logged in first!..Looking forward to talking pool with you..We've spent way too much time on silly distractions! :thumbup:

Best Always....Dick

Last edited:

Dinoboy

Registered
Yes, There are many stories (posts) regarding our first few years of getting to know each other..Unfortunately, I cannot access them because I am banned from the site, (onepocket.org)..It is however, common knowledge to all the regulars, that your dad was the one who gave his utmost effort to get me installed in the 1P Hall of Fame!..We also spoke on the phone, many times!

I am ready to move on too Dino and put this all behind us!..There is just one thing still bothering me..That is how you considered me saying anything derogatory, or insulting about your sister?..All I ever said was, she seemed 'disinterested' in the forums, which I thought you agreed with!

BTW, all you have to do, to quote someone, is push the 'quote' button after their post, and you are automatically set up to reply to them..Just make sure you are logged in first!..Looking forward to talking pool with you..We've spent way too much time on silly distractions! :thumbup:

Best Always....Dick

I mean that you often mention that she never comes on AZ, or any other forum, as if that's one of her responsibilities. It sounds like your judging her for it, or even letting people down. That is not the case. It's nobody's business what she does in her spare time, and no she is not a pool player, so why would she post? If she doesn't, it doesn't reflect upon her negatively, it's her choice. Besides what could she possibly contribute? Don't judge her for it, or make her look bad for those reasons. She has a life, and a difficult business for her to run. I did say that she's disinterested in talking pool, (because she's not a player in any way) Just mentioning that she doesn't post on any forum's sounds like a "Knock".
However, she does post stories that she knows of and even started a few groups, (where she's comfortable), on Facebook, because that's where she has friends and allies, and is where she is most comfortable. She can do what she wants, and is under no obligation to chime in on forums. That is what i meant. sincerly Dino

p.s. i couldn't help but notice that both you and Lfigueroa(the guy who backed you up), posted at the exact same day and time, 3-17-2017, at 11:18 p.m. heck of a coincidence. Anyway thanks for the "Quote" help, i got it now. Dino

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean that you often mention that she never comes on AZ, or any other forum, as if that's one of her responsibilities. It sounds like your judging her for it, or even letting people down. That is not the case. It's nobody's business what she does in her spare time, and no she is not a pool player, so why would she post? If she doesn't, it doesn't reflect upon her negatively, it's her choice. Besides what could she possibly contribute? Don't judge her for it, or make her look bad for those reasons. She has a life, and a difficult business for her to run. I did say that she's disinterested in talking pool, (because she's not a player in any way) Just mentioning that she doesn't post on any forum's sounds like a "Knock".
However, she does post stories that she knows of and even started a few groups, (where she's comfortable), on Facebook, because that's where she has friends and allies, and is where she is most comfortable. She can do what she wants, and is under no obligation to chime in on forums. That is what i meant. sincerly Dino

p.s. i couldn't help but notice that both you and Lfigueroa(the guy who backed you up), posted at the exact same day and time, 3-17-2017, at 11:18 p.m. heck of a coincidence. Anyway thanks for the "Quote" help, i got it now. Dino

Was just passing by at the same time.

One thing that folks not used to the forums start mistakenly seeing (oh heck, even some very experienced posters) are coincidences that they start thinking constitute some kind of collusion or conspiracy. I haven't talked to Dick in a very long time, nor have I corresponded via PMs with him in months. If what you're suggesting is we are actually one in the same person, thanks for the laugh.

Like I said, sometimes coincidences look like something else.

Lou Figueroa

Dinoboy

Registered
Was just passing by at the same time.

One thing that folks not used to the forums start mistakenly seeing (oh heck, even some very experienced posters) are coincidences that they start thinking constitute some kind of collusion or conspiracy. I haven't talked to Dick in a very long time, nor have I corresponded via PMs with him in months. If what you're suggesting is we are actually one in the same person, thanks for the laugh.

Like I said, sometimes coincidences look like something else.

Lou Figueroa
No, I never thought you were the same person, especially with the I.P safeguard's this site has. Although under the recent circumstances, i can see why you may have assumed that's what i may have thought. lol I have not been on any forums in years, i'm very rusty at it. I didn't even know how to use the quote feature. lol. it just looked funny to me, and i'm sure the times aren't exact anyway.

Last edited: