ATTN: Tampa Bay Area Players

Beware_of_Dawg

..................
Silver Member
Just went to a APA meeting last night and they plan on starting a hybrid masters division with 100% payback (well almost a hundred, a buck goes to the league operator for doing the paperwork)

works like this...

combination 8 & 9 ball. Race to seven, 5 games of 8ball 8 games of 9ball.

each game won = 1 pt. Lag winner chooses 8 or 9 to start.

4 player teams, 3 players play weekly. $ 7 per player ($21 per team, $20 gets paid back)

Skill levels 5,6,7,8,9. (4's can play but you gonna get yer tails beat)

Push outs = Ok, Jump cues = OK, no max handicaps per team (no 23 rule).

Play is on Saturday afternoons. Starts in a little over a month. Season is 10 weeks.

I already have a couple teams I'm putting together personally, Anybody interested?

~D4\/\/G~
 
Beware_of_Dawg said:
Just went to a APA meeting last night and they plan on starting a hybrid masters division with 100% payback (well almost a hundred, a buck goes to the league operator for doing the paperwork)

works like this...

combination 8 & 9 ball. Race to seven, 5 games of 8ball 8 games of 9ball.

each game won = 1 pt. Lag winner chooses 8 or 9 to start.

4 player teams, 3 players play weekly. $ 7 per player ($21 per team, $20 gets paid back)

Skill levels 5,6,7,8,9. (4's can play but you gonna get yer tails beat)

Push outs = Ok, Jump cues = OK, no max handicaps per team (no 23 rule).

Play is on Saturday afternoons. Starts in a little over a month. Season is 10 weeks.

I already have a couple teams I'm putting together personally, Anybody interested?

~D4\/\/G~

This format is like the U.S. Amateur. I think it is a great idea for the players. Good luck forming your teams...

Dwight
 
what pool hall will this league be at? They have talked about starting this league in the Tampa Bay area for a few years but it never started up.
 
you can home base out of any pool hall in Tampa. Similiar to regular APA, home games & away games. Big O's, Strokers, Bulls Club, Breakroom, were all mentioned.

Yeah, talk is over the league is a go. You interested?
 
I might be, i'll talk to some people about it and let you know what is going on.

We all still need to meet up at strokers 2 one night!
 
lets do it. Im game almost anytime.

Try to get a team together dude. This is a great opportunity, 100% payback and all the rules people hate about the APA are gone (no 23 rule, no low skill levels, no bagging, push outs & jump cues = Ok)

Just need you and 3 more guys. (u can have 3 to a team, so actually just need 2 more guys)
 
im interested......any idea on how the payouts are gonna be distributed???
will it be cash? vegas trip and cash?????
 
jamesroberts said:
im interested......any idea on how the payouts are gonna be distributed???
will it be cash? vegas trip and cash?????


James, check your PM's.

full cash payout, possibly vegas stippend as well.

you would qualify for vegas APA masters.
 
I don't really play in leagues nor do I know how players are ranked through a number system. I would like to get in on this but I am probaly not good enough, say I can run a 9 ball rack from the break 1 out of 50, not counting luck combo shots or 9 ball sinks on the break ..? Where approximitly would this put me at on skill level 1-10?
 
poolhallhustler said:
I don't really play in leagues nor do I know how players are ranked through a number system. I would like to get in on this but I am probaly not good enough, say I can run a 9 ball rack from the break 1 out of 50, not counting luck combo shots or 9 ball sinks on the break ..? Where approximitly would this put me at on skill level 1-10?

I would say a 4 or a 5, but the system for scoring 9 ball is different. Say you are a 5, you need 38 balls to win your match. The breakdown is from 1-9 a 1 needs 14 balls to win, a 9 needs 75. Now you throw a 1 against a 9 and then the fun begins. It is a 14-75 race, oh and throw in the fact that all balls potted on a foul are counted as dead balls, as in neither player gets credit for the ball. This is an extreme example, most try to keep the matches within reason and there are not as many 1's as there are 2's and 3's.

Here is the number of balls each rating need to win, 1-14, 2-19, 3-25, 4-31, 5-38, 6-46, 7-55, 8-65, 9-75.

Hope this helps you some. I would suggest going to your local room on league night and watch the 9 ball races or better yet join a team and play for awhile. One or two sessions will give you your ranking.
 
where are you in St. Pete?.

BTW, I'd say your a SL4 based on what you said. All men start as SL4 and you would likely fall back to a SL3 after a few matches and then after you developed a comfort level (5 matches?) you would return to a 4 probably. But it's hard to say.

Would like to meet up and play sometime? If so, and with commitment on your side I can find a team for you to play with.
 
Beware_of_Dawg said:
where are you in St. Pete?.

BTW, I'd say your a SL4 based on what you said. All men start as SL4 and you would likely fall back to a SL3 after a few matches and then after you developed a comfort level (5 matches?) you would return to a 4 probably. But it's hard to say.

Would like to meet up and play sometime? If so, and with commitment on your side I can find a team for you to play with.

I stay right by Tyrone Mall, I usually dont go out and play much anymore, but I stiLL play because I have an 8 foot table in my living room, but if I do go out and play its usually at C.M.'s in Seminole or the Side pocket in Largo
 
APA masters

There was an APA masters league in my area last fall.The format was:coin toss;winner picks the game or the break:loser of the coin toss(or lag) chooses the game if the winner elects to break or gets the break if the winner decides what game to begin the match with.8 ball and 9 ball.3 vs 3 singles.

In this league there was no handicap system.It was a race to 7 (if I remember correctly),you play 5 games of the first game type and then finish the match with the other game.

I played 1 session of APA masters and really enjoyed it.The lack of handicap made it challenging and I always enjoy playing against tough competition.I hope this league can get enough support to continue.
 
Back
Top