Average runs?

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I have just started to play 14.1 and about all I see is posts on high runs. Around here 8 ball is the only game in town, so I'm doing this by myself for practice.
Just started yesterday and am probably not doing it right, but having fun at it.
Broke 60 racks set up like an 8 ball rack. High run was 36. Low was zeros.
Lots in the 20's and lots of 1,2,3, and 4's .
Anyway, averaged 8.6 balls a run.
Just wondering what some of you guys average runs are, or do you only count the highest one?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I have just started to play 14.1 and about all I see is posts on high runs. Around here 8 ball is the only game in town, so I'm doing this by myself for practice.
Just started yesterday and am probably not doing it right, but having fun at it.
Broke 60 racks set up like an 8 ball rack. High run was 36. Low was zeros.
Lots in the 20's and lots of 1,2,3, and 4's .
Anyway, averaged 8.6 balls a run.
Just wondering what some of you guys average runs are, or do you only count the highest one?

Starting with an 8 Ball style break would not be the proper start to gauge this, many times with that style break you will make multiple balls on the break which you are getting credit for, plus with this style of opening break the balls are a lot more spread out as compared to a more conventional break shot.

Try this test again using a more convential ball in hand style break shot with one lose ball to pocket and open the rack in the same shot and see what kind of numbers you come up with then.

These would be more accurate as to what in game scenarios would be.

Good luck and keep us updated !!!

Steve

Last edited:

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Thanks for the answers guys. Next time I'll try the ball in hand break method.

BTW, it would be nice if the 14.1 subforum had a sticky with the official rules for the game. I'm sure they are somewhere but I can't seem to find them.