AZ members tournament..?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's make it a fishing tournament here in Tampa. $2500 per boat entry fee. Max of four anglers per boat. All proceeds go to charity to benefit foster children. Then on Sunday we can have a one pocket tournament.
No offense brother but there is NO way i'm going out in open waters with people i don't know. You wanna pay the liability insurance on this disaster in the making? IMO this is a bad idea. Pool, yes. Going out on the ocean, i'll pass.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense brother but there is NO way i'm going out in open waters with people i don't know. You wanna pay the liability insurance on this disaster in the making? IMO this is a bad idea. Pool, yes. Going out on the ocean, i'll pass.

Ha! One of the funniest things I have read on this forum- totally agree though! I am sure there are a few here that would like to leave me in that Ocean!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
You think that having players who might be 150-200pts apart in Fargo playing heads-up would be fair or fun? Not me.No one is going to travel to a tournament just to get run over by someone they have no chance against. Oh well it was just a thought. I can see now it would never happen.

As I said, it’s been done a dozen times already.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
You think that having players who might be 150-200pts apart in Fargo playing heads-up would be fair or fun? Not me.No one is going to travel to a tournament just to get run over by someone they have no chance against. Oh well it was just a thought. I can see now it would never happen.

Handicaps are for the lame. Or for golfers. Or for gambling. Tournaments should always be even play. I'd go to an AZB get together. I wanna see how these people really play pewl.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Handicaps are for the lame. Or for golfers. Or for gambling. Tournaments should always be even play. I'd go to an AZB get together. I wanna see how these people really play pewl.
Have you watched the explosion of Fargo events? Apparently not. Even-up events are fine for pros. How good do you play? Feel like you're the favorite to win every one you go to? Apparently so. Like i said before, NO ONE is going to pay for travel, lodging, food, etc just to meet a few members and get hammered playing those they have no chance to beat. You're statement is what is lame.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! One of the funniest things I have read on this forum- totally agree though! I am sure there are a few here that would like to leave me in that Ocean!

You got a date!

Hahaha...we'd surely have a blast, in person and with pool tables.

Ocean craft...I am out!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Have you watched the explosion of Fargo events? Apparently not. Even-up events are fine for pros. How good do you play? Feel like you're the favorite to win every one you go to? Apparently so. Like i said before, NO ONE is going to pay for travel, lodging, food, etc just to meet a few members and get hammered playing those they have no chance to beat. You're statement is what is lame.

No one? Lol. I would. I've seen plenty handicapped tournaments but I just don't feel good about them. I feel like tournaments should decide the best player, not give everyone a fair shot.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually the fishing tournament already exists. It's called The Mielke Fishing Tournament for Charity on November 8&9 at the Grand Hyatt on Tampa Bay. The $2500 includes a boat and guide so only people who really deserve it get left stuffed under a mangrove.

It's a great cause and I plan on fishing it again this year. It was a pretty good party too and maybe one of you snowbirds were looking for an excuse to come south. One pocket tournament on Sunday with all proceeds going to the charity.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been a DOZEN AZBilliards member tournaments?? Seriously? I'm not talkin' the little coffee klatches at DCC. 12 AZBilliard member tournaments??? You sure?

I said internet forum get togethers. RSB, Billiards Digest and AZ. Add the onepocket.org tournaments as well. It’s been done, no handicaps. That was the answer to your original question.

Last edited:

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A straight up tournament with entry fees that are reasonable! With all proceeds going to charity a major charity! That might be one way of bring some attention to the game along with the potential for some major coverage! Who knows what it might do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk