AZB Room - first day

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Just left the AZB/onepocket.org Members Room; after spending most of the afternoon and evening hanging out there. All I can say is we are off to a great start.

We have 2 super-nice 9 foot Diamond tables, new cloth, and plenty of elbow room (thanks to Steve Lomako's expert calculations). Banner's and signs have been placed.

We have enough funds for free bottled water and soda this year (hopefully more pro's will visit as a result); thanks to Williebetmore's son who made the run for supplies (hey, you can't build a good pyramid without slaves).

Pro's visiting the room so far have been Shawn Putnam, Dan Louie, and Sarah Rousey (with Shawn and Dan playing some major table time at challenges from the members).

Members playing extensively today have been ummagumma, Sweet Marissa, spiderwebcomm, IronDon55, WBM, Scott Lee, and uwate (and of course, quite a few more I have forgotten).

Lot's of AZB'ers still alive in the banks competition - the room is a great place to warm up for your matches.

Many thanks to Timberly and stevelomako for their very hard work in getting things up and running. For me, the room is $25 WELL SPENT (had 2 really close matches with Shawn Putnam and Dan Louie - how cool is that??); if I left now, I would still consider it a great week. Now if we can just get Buddy Hall back in and playing, things will really take off.

For those members not attending; YOU ARE MISSING IT (but we will try to enjoy it for you).
 
Willie,
keep up the good work and take good care of Timerly and protect her from any attckers.
 
AZB/One Pocket Room

Williebetmore:

Glad to hear that you will be enjoying it for us poor working stiffs (sniff, sniff). I can't think of someone more deserving (present company excepted). By the way, when is the big grudge match? Will it be in the room or on the TV table?

Good luck & play well.

Jim Eales
 
eales said:
Williebetmore:

Glad to hear that you will be enjoying it for us poor working stiffs (sniff, sniff). I can't think of someone more deserving (present company excepted). By the way, when is the big grudge match? Will it be in the room or on the TV table?

Good luck & play well.

Jim Eales

JE,
Don't you know that the DCC is the reason "sick days" were invented. What is wrong with you; can't you even come up with a few minor symptoms????

I didn't see breakup while I was there (what a great relief), I'll be heading back to Louisville Tuesday. If the ring games don't come off as planned, then the match may be on the television table; otherwise we'll find some time on some table, somewhere. Does that help??? We don't really want to monopolize the table in the AZB room.

"Play well" is nice advice; but hard to follow. I played TERRIBLY all evening (too many distractions, conversations, room obligations, etc.). When things quieted down around 1 A.M. I found my stroke (I have NO idea where it was earlier in the evening); and played a set or two of the best pool of my life (sorry Scott Lee, I caught a gear). This morning, stroke was gone again. Life goes on.
 
Williebetmore said:
I played TERRIBLY all evening (too many distractions, conversations, room obligations, feeelings of defectiveness, deficiency, deficit, drawback, failing, faultiness, flaw, imperfection, inability, inadequateness, inaptness, incapacity, incompetence, incompetency, incompleteness, ineffectiveness, ineffectualness, inefficacy, ineptitude, insufficiency, lack, meagerness, paucity, scantiness, shortcoming, skimpiness, underage, unfitness, unsuitableness, weakness, blemish, debility, decrepitude, deficiency, delicacy, enervation, failing, faintness, fault, feebleness, flaw, fondness, fragility, frailty, gap, impairment, imperfection, impotence, inclination, inconstancy, indecision, infirmity, instability, invalidity, irresolution, lack, languor, lapse, liking, passion, penchant, powerlessness, predilection, proclivity, prostration, senility, shortcoming, vice, vitiation, vulnerability)

get over it Willie ...you need to muscle up by Wednesday
 
vagabond said:
Willie,
keep up the good work and take good care of Timerly and protect her from any attckers.
Vagabond, you're the best! Always looking out for me. Thank you. ;)
 
Williebetmore said:
JE,
Don't you know that the DCC is the reason "sick days" were invented. What is wrong with you; can't you even come up with a few minor symptoms????
He'll need a doctor's note.

Fred <~~~ IMO
 
Back
Top