Bacote and Ebony

tshughes

Hughes Cues
Silver Member
Here is another one that we are working on. It has Bacote forearm and butt-sleeve. The forearm has ebony points with green, brownish red, and natural veneer. All ringwork is ebony and maple as well. The handle has some birdseyes and curl in it. May end up being wrapped....have not decided yet. Also did an ebony ring in the butt plate....wanted to do something a little different than the traditional hoppe ring.

All white is Juma and will have matching rings on shaft.

Thanks for looking,
Shawn
HR Cues

Updated pics

ba1dp.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

ba2aw.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Last edited:

tshughes

Hughes Cues
Silver Member
I decided to redo the joint and use one single ebony ring to match the butt plate ring. Posted some pics up top....will post better ones once the cue is near finished.

Shawn

Elwood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir, that is a beautiful cue! I wish you would have decided on it being wrapless, though. Keep up the good work...

tshughes

Hughes Cues
Silver Member
Sir, that is a beautiful cue! I wish you would have decided on it being wrapless, though. Keep up the good work...

I thought hard about it believe me. We thought about doing an ebony handle at first but ended up wrapping it. Appreciate the compliments, I think it turned out beautiful as well. Hopefully the customer is going to think so as well. Working on the shafts for it now and it will be done.

Shawn