Ball Cleaning

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At my Clubhouse the guys are lazy an feel no obligation to clean or maintain the equipment. Tables are Brunswick covered in Simonis 860 and I want the equipment to last as long as possible. So I brush an vacuum. With the balls should I just use a mild soap and water, rinse well and buff with a soft cloth or order some Aramith Ball Cleaner? No one but me is going to expend any money or energy.
Thanks

I use the aramith ball cleaner and restorer they work great. My balls look brand new when I clean them. They are definitely worth it.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to use a product like Aramith to bring them back to something close to new. If they look like what I imagine then Aramith Restorer will be required then the cleaner.

You want to not only take the dirt off but restore the smooth finish of new balls.

Good luck keeping the tables clean enough to not require daily or hourly ball cleaning. My suggestion is buy your own set of balls and clean the table before you play. If you're lucky it will catch on that clean equip is more fun. Sorry to say I've never seen cleanliness become contagious.

That being said, its rare that I put my set on a public table. 20 minutes and they look like house balls no matter the pre-clean.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have to agree with this. Buy your own set and use Aramith cleaner. One of the poolhalls I used to frequent didn't clean their ball sets. I made a bucket ball cleaner and offered it to the owner at no charge, but he refused. So, I ended up bringing my own set of balls and chalk everytime I went there to practice.

You have to use a product like Aramith to bring them back to something close to new. If they look like what I imagine then Aramith Restorer will be required then the cleaner.

You want to not only take the dirt off but restore the smooth finish of new balls.

Good luck keeping the tables clean enough to not require daily or hourly ball cleaning. My suggestion is buy your own set of balls and clean the table before you play. If you're lucky it will catch on that clean equip is more fun. Sorry to say I've never seen cleanliness become contagious.

That being said, its rare that I put my set on a public table. 20 minutes and they look like house balls no matter the pre-clean.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
How many tables do you have? It may be well worth it to get a machine. Then I think you'd find the other members more willing to take care of keeping the balls clean if all they have to do is throw them in and flip a switch.

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned to you the Do It Yourself Bucket Ball Polisher. Do a search for "ball polisher" here and you will see many variations in the results. I'll send you a private message for the I built. It's cheap, effective and simple to assemble.

Dopc.