Ball polishers

biggame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s everyone using to polish their balls? I used to have a Blood Worth polisher. Thanks.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Not a room owner here, but speaking from close experience with many rooms. Only one out of the maybe 6-7 rooms that I habit of playing in ever had a ball polisher. That one room uses a Diamond branded product.

The rest relied on the poorly paid staff to clean them manually. Never polished to the best of my knowledge.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I'm not a room owner but have a room at the house. I bought a Diamond 16-ball polisher and it works very well in a very short amount of time.

By the time I vacuum and wipe down the table the balls are ready to go. It's built very stoutly.

I can't imagine a room owner would want less than the ability to do a whole set at once.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm not a room owner but have a room at the house. I bought a Diamond 16-ball polisher and it works very well in a very short amount of time.

By the time I vacuum and wipe down the table the balls are ready to go. It's built very stoutly.

I can't imagine a room owner would want less than the ability to do a whole set at once.
May I ask if you use different fabric inserts for cleaning vs polishing...? I always wondered if people had two sets of fabric inserts or just live with the two different compounds blending together.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May I ask if you use different fabric inserts for cleaning vs polishing...? I always wondered if people had two sets of fabric inserts or just live with the two different compounds blending together.
My local place has a nice home-built polisher. You use VERY little of either one. Unless the balls are really dirty you rarely have to use the restorer, just the cleaner. A small drop on the 12-3-6-9 position balls is all you need. DO NOT over wet any polisher's pads. They get nasty/crusty if you do.

Last edited:

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I use just one set it came with. Now only use the standard Aramith polish. Another brand I tried (purple color, separates and has to be shaken) caused skids abound.

Just takes a drop on a ball or two in each platter.

PracticeChampion

I built one after watching a YouTube video, cost me about $30 and does as good as any other

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-091537.png
    Screenshot_20210602-091537.png
    770.5 KB · Views: 268

chenjy9

Not a room owner, but I do have a table and 2 sets of balls. I am curious however... I have always cleaned and polished my pool balls by hand and will admit that it takes a while. Would a polisher be worth investing in?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not a room owner, but I do have a table and 2 sets of balls. I am curious however... I have always cleaned and polished my pool balls by hand and will admit that it takes a while. Would a polisher be worth investing in?
Definitely get an automatic cleaner. You’ll regret not buying it years ago. Ballstar or Diamond. Balls are polished in 5 minutes.

Deeep Pockets

Really, I think only you can answer that question. Are you happy with the results you get now? How much time and effort do you put in to get the results you're satisfied with? Personally, I would rather spend the time playing than putting in the time to get the results my polisher achieves in a few short minutes. I have the small Diamond. When the balls need a touch up, I do half when I'm through playing and the other 8 before the next time I play while cleaning the table. They look and feel like new every time. No regrets on the expenditure.

MurrayNevada

The small Diamond (8-ball) as shown here would be $600 for the machine, $200 for shipping, and $50.00 in sales tax.
$850.00 total for this machine is a bit rich for my blood. AND that is the "On Sale" price.

Diamond Ball Polisher.png

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If you own a set of Pool Ball, a container of Pool Ball Polish, Soft Rag can clean a set in 30 minutes.

If you have a Pool Room guess a Professional Ball Polisher is a nessity.