Barry on ABR (American Billiard Radio) 1/15 @ 9pm CST

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry makes me HATE pool!

See this was my point... Bad people representing pool does nothing good for pool... Put the clowns in a box and get them out. Vote by not supporting/condoning this stupid behavior. Change the playing field...Stop pandering to this nonsense... simply put him out of business. Bust his next event by not participating so that we can, as a group collectively improve the sport.

Randy

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly!

See this was my point... Bad people representing pool does nothing good for pool... Put the clowns in a box and get them out. Vote by not supporting/condoning this stupid behavior. Change the playing field...Stop pandering to this nonsense... simply put him out of business. Bust his next event by not participating so that we can, as a group collectively improve the sport.

Randy

Well said gentlemen...

-CP

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Sorry Barry... It's not so much You, specifically...

It's not Barry that makes me hate pool more than the U.S. Open drama in general, makes me hate pool.

Something Barry said that seems true for sure: At about 42 minutes Barry says that He needs the support of the WPA and Players. etc.. This is when I think He starts to make real sense in the interview. He begins to sound more humble and honest to me, here. You think Barry is having a hard time admitting is that he needs help and that he can't control steer the ship? Maybe He has a problem identifying where He's wrong. Just, looking at his destination ahead and not the whole journey, Barry - that's what I think! I don't know Barry personally so I will offer a recant. Barry is arbiter and the fall guy of his own drama, controversy, video bites and sound bites that serve to ridicule cuesports instead of dignify it. For God sakes, Barry! Please sell it or give it away! I don't think Mark Cantrill is 100% correct. I think that somebody WOULD take this on if Barry weren't in the way!

I believe there could be a great "U.S. Open" of pool, 9 ball - whatever show you wanna make it... just, not the way it's being butchered now. Mark Cantrill puts up a good fight. With Mark's statement about the "prestige..." and the "importance of winning it..." the event more than the "amount of added money...", Barry once again earns 'bullhead' status by insisting that lowering added money would threaten USOPEN9's success.

How quickly Barry forgets how successful it is now...

I think this was an important interview for our current times in pool, which statistically show some growth at present; Barry's world is an ominous reminder of the pool industry's known track record for 'high strangeness' coupled with its difficult personality amidst the mainstream. Pool has the tremendous potential to be just another eerie subculture or something which is a lot more boutique and stylish all at the same time. Each new catastrophe fits into that puzzle somewhere, as do its victories.

It's fate is not entirely up to Barry either. We all play a part.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Thanks for the plug. Yup, the burr man speaketh.
The question is , does he say anything?

By the way, Mr. Bond... I love the American Billiard Radio show! Awesome segments with John Morra, Alison Fisher, GoPlayPool and with Mark Cantrill :)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was taped just a few hours before it aired last night. I did my best to stay on topic and ask and re ask questions that I thought were not answered. I guess there is a timelime now for payments so we shall see.

Mark, will there be follow up with Barry regarding non- payment on next ABR show tomorrow Thursday?
Barry made this promise on your show
"I will not get on the plane to DCC still owing $1 Dollar to the players"

But according to leminhnam. Quan Do still not paid by Barry
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=386731&page=24
:D

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Mark, will there be follow up with Barry regarding non- payment on next ABR show tomorrow Thursday?
Barry made this promise on your show
"I will not get on the plane to DCC still owing $1 Dollar to the players"

But according to leminhnam. Quan Do still not paid by Barry
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=386731&page=24
:D

Well I suppose I should try and talk to him, not sure if he has left for DCC and traveling or just busy maybe at DCC. To be honest, is there any point in talking to him again? He said he was going to pay and if he hasn't I am sure his response will be that he is working on it if he even agrees to an interview. However lets see where we are tomorrow at this time and if there is any word and go from there as to making a call or not.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Well I suppose I should try and talk to him, not sure if he has left for DCC and traveling or just busy maybe at DCC. To be honest, is there any point in talking to him again? He said he was going to pay and if he hasn't I am sure his response will be that he is working on it if he even agrees to an interview. However lets see where we are tomorrow at this time and if there is any word and go from there as to making a call or not.

oh i think you should call him Mark -
Brady's onsite.
tell him i said:

I'M here, WHERE are YOU????