Basovich vs. Duell on TV now

Cane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those browsing, the UPA Championship match between Danny B and Corey D is on ESPN2 right now... 5pm Central Time. I saw it some time ago... pretty good match.

Later,
Bob

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Cane said:
For those browsing, the UPA Championship match between Danny B and Corey D is on ESPN2 right now... 5pm Central Time. I saw it some time ago... pretty good match.

Later,
Bob

Sweet! And home just in time!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cane said:

Later,
Bob

Thanks for the heads up!

Regas

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Yeah ...

That makes the 3rd time I have watched Danny
miss the game 8 ball. Makes me cringe every time.

Why he didn't just hold the cue right there after
making the 7 and shoot the 8 in the side, I will
never know.

Cory got lucky on jumping the 7 to make the 6
hanging in the hole, and then the cue coming
off the rail an knocking the 9 in the side ...

AceHigh

Banned
There is one thing that pisses me off about this match. In the opening interviews, Eva tells both players that they've been playing great, and they both quickly agree with her. Neither player is gracious enough to say, thank you. How hard is it to say two words to let someone know you appreciate their compliment?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Cane said:

Later,
Bob

Bob,

This is the match my buddy and I attended here. OK, those 2 tables were especially brought in TV tables and had the largest pockets I've seen in 25 years - over 5" corners. They were especially set up for the semi's and finals.

I haven't seen the match yet on TV, but the semi-final match between those two (they played twice) was break and run, break and run - unreal.

Chris

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
Ewa's interview before the finals was to funny.

Ewa had the job of interviewing the players to get their point of views. There were a few pros that commented on Kid D and how slow he was. They were very polite. Next was the pros turn to give a Corey comment. Rodney said he didnt like corey's soft break but he played great pool. I think there was another. Ralph Soquet says that corey has given him some ruff times during their matches and he is an asshole. I almost fell on the floor. It was to much. I like both the guys. It was just funny to see.

Pat

TATE said:
Bob,

This is the match my buddy and I attended here. OK, those 2 tables were especially brought in TV tables and had the largest pockets I've seen in 25 years - over 5" corners. They were especially set up for the semi's and finals.

I haven't seen the match yet on TV, but the semi-final match between those two (they played twice) was break and run, break and run - unreal.

Chris

The final match wasn't break and run, break and run. There were a number of miss and sit down, miss and sit down parts though. I think the final tally was either 7-4 or 7-5 misses each with Deuel having the 7. There were a FEW break and runs, but not that many, even with the large pockets.

One thing can be gleaned from the match, Basovich can definitely play within a 30 second shot clock and play well. There is NO NEED for him to go back into snail mode and piss everyone off when he isn't timed. In the last game, he was actually RUNNING (no exaggeration) around the table at times. And I don't think he got lousy position on the 8 or missed it because of being pushed for time. He just flat screwed up! He has a great personality and was a super gracious loser in the end...still smiling.

I can't imagine what all of the teachers/instructors/stroke purists would have to say about his warm up strokes with the upper arm situated like it is and going all over hell's creation before he gets into position to fire...or his hand and wrist position while stoking and striking the CB. Whoa Nellie..........!!!
He can flat out play though!

Al-fahl Amir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
That makes the 3rd time I have watched Danny
miss the game 8 ball. Makes me cringe every time.

Why he didn't just hold the cue right there after
making the 7 and shoot the 8 in the side, I will
never know.

Cory got lucky on jumping the 7 to make the 6
hanging in the hole, and then the cue coming
off the rail an knocking the 9 in the side ...

Watched it with Corey last night at Jillians. He said the same thing, why didn't he just leave it for the 8 in the side. amc4