Sold Beautiful custom cue FS

Sold Item

JA062669

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Birdeyes maple forearm with 6 ebony points.
Radial laminated birdeyes Handle with ebony butt. Turquoise rings work. All white is juma.
Radial laminated shaft with kamui soft tip.
Butt is 14.7oz
Shafts is 3.8oz

Rolls perfectly, no dings or dents

SOLD
Payment via PayPal

Attachments

• 20230527_175305_N2LxzRYB9Q.jpeg
    20230527_175305_N2LxzRYB9Q.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 263
  • 20230527_175325_JWA9fFxc9M.jpeg
    20230527_175325_JWA9fFxc9M.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 20230527_175347_9wK5SQeG6O.jpeg
    20230527_175347_9wK5SQeG6O.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 20230527_183651_UpjhRhVV9m.jpeg
    20230527_183651_UpjhRhVV9m.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 20230527_183641_NyTWEGD87r.jpeg
    20230527_183641_NyTWEGD87r.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 20230527_183638_u8OVotxH1E.jpeg
    20230527_183638_u8OVotxH1E.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 209
  • 20230527_183636_WaR3WHV55W.jpeg
    20230527_183636_WaR3WHV55W.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You are not a nobody. Your cues look nice. Anybody that can build a cue is not a nobody. They are harder to build than most people realize.
Anybody that can build a cue can still be a nobody. The fact that constructing a cue is difficult hardly qualifies.

There’s carpenters that are good ones and also poor ones. A person that constructs wooden furniture also has
a hard job but it doesn’t mean the furniture was well made. You stop being a nobody when you are recognized
for making a high quality product or in this case, pool cues. Just because you have the tools or knowledge to
build a cue does not assure it is a quality pool cue. Curbside appeal can be deceiving too and pretty only means
it looks nice. How the cue plays is the final judge and only people that own and play with a Mills cue would know.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Anybody that can build a cue can still be a nobody. The fact that constructing a cue is difficult hardly qualifies.

There’s carpenters that are good ones and also poor ones. A person that constructs wooden furniture also has
a hard job but it doesn’t mean the furniture was well made. You stop being a nobody when you are recognized
for making a high quality product or in this case, pool cues. Just because you have the tools or knowledge to
build a cue does not assure it is a quality pool cue. Curbside appeal can be deceiving too and pretty only means
it looks nice. How the cue plays is the final judge and only people that own and play with a Mills cue would know.
You are much too hard on yourself. Most people don't even have the skills to build a pool cue or other product. I know. I was a professional Engineer involved in product, machine and gear design for 37 years. I built cues for over 20 years as a hobby.

Nick8400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Chill brah. 😝

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Chill brah. 😝
Unless you own or played with a Mills pool cue, then what I posted is true.
There will always be unknown artists, musicians and also some cue makers.

When the name of the person, group or entity isn’t recognizable to the general
public or any particular segment of it, then they are a nobody awaiting recognition.

Until that happens, all of the aforementioned fall within the classification of a nobody.
Have you tried locating any info on Mills Custom Cues? This might change in due time.

One thing is true and it is irrefutable. Genuine recognition has to be earned in order for
it to be real. Advertising $ alone won’t cut it nor will just hanging a sign on your door….
Custom Pool Cues For Sale. The proof is in the pudding and right now there isn’t any.
Mills Custom Cues could become a premier cue maker but presently, he isn’t known.

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
Unless you own or played with a Mills pool cue, then what I posted is true.
There will always be unknown artists, musicians and also some cue makers.

When the name of the person, group or entity isn’t recognizable to the general
public or any particular segment of it, then they are a nobody awaiting recognition.

Until that happens, all of the aforementioned fall within the classification of a nobody.
Have you tried locating any info on Mills Custom Cues? This might change in due time.

One thing is true and it is irrefutable. Genuine recognition has to be earned in order for
it to be real. Advertising $ alone won’t cut it nor will just hanging a sign on your door….
Custom Pool Cues For Sale. The proof is in the pudding and right now there isn’t any.
Mills Custom Cues could become a premier cue maker but presently, he isn’t known.
Cue sticks are the most opinionated item I have ever encountered.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Cue sticks are the most opinionated item I have ever encountered.
I concur but then again, I never even commented about the cue in question.
I didn’t label him as nobody either. The cue maker referred to himself as such.

The term nobody means someone unimportant or insignificant. A synonym is
Lightweight. Post #13 says only his customers know about his cues. I simply
stated just because you make a pool cue hardly qualifies one as competent.

Then in post #17 I write that everyone remains a nobody until they get some
recognition. That applies to everything from cues to musicians, painters, etc.

I also wrote that the cue maker could actually be a nobody that’s just awaiting
due recognition. He might become a premier cue maker but he’s not known yet.

Sorry to have agreed with the original cue maker referring to himself as just a
nobody. He was most likely just being modest instead of tooting his own horn.

Everyone starts out somewhere and it’s usually not at the top rung of the ladder.
The bottom rung is not a bad place to start. Recognition helps you move up fast.

I made it a point to stress only his customers, or players that’s tried a Mills Custom
Cue, can help distinguish his cue making skills and the quality of his workmanship.

I make it a point to not critique pool cues and cue makers, except for the dishonest
ones. I will always disrespect publicly. So this turned into making a mountain out of
a mole hill. And pool cues are a reflection of the cue maker’s skills and eye for detail.

Last edited:

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
I concur but then again, I never even commented about the cue in question.
I didn’t label him as nobody either. The cue maker referred to himself as such.

The term nobody means someone unimportant or insignificant. A synonym is
Lightweight. Post #13 says only his customers know about his cues. I simply
stated just because you make a pool cue hardly qualifies one as competent.

Then in post #17 I write that everyone remains a nobody until they get some
recognition. That applies to everything from cues to musicians, painters, etc.

I also wrote that the cue maker could actually be a nobody that’s just awaiting
due recognition. He might become a premier cue maker but he’s not known yet.

Sorry to have agreed with the original cue maker referring to himself as just a
nobody. He was most likely just being modest instead of tooting his own horn.

Everyone starts out somewhere and it’s usually not at the top rung of the ladder.
The bottom rung is not a bad place to start. Recognition helps you move up fast.

I made it a point to stress only his customers, or players that’s tried a Mills Custom
Cue, can help distinguish his cue making skills and the quality of his workmanship.

I make it a point to not critique pool cues and cue makers, except for the dishonest
one’s I will always disrespect publicly. So this turned into making a mountain out of
a mole hill. And pool cues are a reflection of the cue maker’s skills and eye for detail.
Cue making is the quest for perfection which is never ending.