Becue Engage Shaft

TonyB2377

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried this shaft yet. I am playing with a Becue cue with Prime M 12.5 now and really like it. I got a email from Seybert's offering free shipping back if you don't like it so I am considering getting one with their Core M tip. I have a G2 M on the Prime shaft.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 2. Both 30”

I have tried about every carbon shaft and have sold all of the rest.

the feel is great. Sound is awesome and the taper is fantastic.

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
I love it. Definitely a firmer hit than Prime M...i got core m tip as well

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2. Both 30”

I have tried about every carbon shaft and have sold all of the rest.

the feel is great. Sound is awesome and the taper is fantastic.
Where did you find them in a 30 inch length? Seybert's does not offer them as far as I can tell.

Ignore. Found it on the Becue website......

Last edited:

TonyB2377

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did you find them in a 30 inch length? Seybert's does not offer them as far as I can tell.

Ignore. Found it on the Becue website......
That is my dilemma now. I like the Seybert's deal but my cue and Prime M and both 30". I want to try the Engage shaft but not sure how the balance will be affected with a 30" butt and 29" shaft

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is my dilemma now. I like the Seybert's deal but my cue and Prime M and both 30". I want to try the Engage shaft but not sure how the balance will be affected with a 30" butt and 29" shaft
I honestly don't think it will be significant. Myself I played with a 59 inch cue split evenly for about ten years. Prior to that I owned a standard 58" cue then put a 30" Jacoby Edge hybrid shaft making that 59". Recently I added a balance rite extension which is 4 additional inches bringing it to 63". Did not seem to make any difference in my game in a negative sense. My scoring and winning percentage has slightly improved more due to playing competitively than any changes in cue length of balance point.

It has helped me draw the cue ball better likely because I am going through the ball better with the extra length.. Too much emphasis on things being one way or another is a distraction to me so I just focus on playing and potting balls with whatever is in my hands..

IF I do purchase a CF shaft it will be the standard 29" and I will toss on the extension if I feel it helps. It may be easier to resell a 29" shaft is my thinking.. JMO!!!!

TonyB2377

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know how many years Becue has made CF shafts for cues??
I'm not sure but looking at their website it seems they came into the business with CF cues and shafts as their target. I bought my Becue cue from another AZB'er not long ago along with the Dark Matter break cue and Naked jump cue.

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Got mine in 2017 at the Super Billiards Expo. They had done a kickstarter not too long before that. Great company to deal with!

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one in the last week off of Seyberts. I like it...though I am not sure about their Core medium tip that it comes with. I think I am going to change it out to a Zan Plus medium tip which is what is used on the Mezz Ignite. The Engage, to me, seemed very similar to the Mezz Ignite.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got one in the last week off of Seyberts. I like it...though I am not sure about their Core medium tip that it comes with. I think I am going to change it out to a Zan Plus medium tip which is what is used on the Mezz Ignite. The Engage, to me, seemed very similar to the Mezz Ignite.
Thank you for your review! The Ignite and Revo 12.4 are two of the first cf shafts I considered. Then the Becue caught my interest. Another member reviewed both their M shaft and then bought an Engage which he liked more that the M shaft..

CalBlackSheep

Registered
Which do you prefer, Ignite or Engage?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest not sure which I like better among the Ignite or Engage. I have been looking for something to replace my 12.4 Revo as I am not a big fan of its taper. But I get hung up on the deflection and end up sticking with the Revo. Both the Ignite and Engage deflect more than the Revo in my trials (Also the Pechauer Rogue deflects more than the Revo. These are the four cb shafts I have tested a lot.). So I think I am going to sell the Engage and stick with my Revo. I would love Predator to come out with an updated Revo that has more of a pro taper and yet the same amount of low deflection...maybe even go down from 12.4 to 12.3 as well.

Last edited:

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am a huge fan of the engage. I think it’s the best combination of benefits of CF with still having some solid feel. I have spent ample time over the last 2 years trying different carbon shafts, and I think the engage has it handled.

I just got the 11.8 in to try and it’s very nice. It will be tough to put the 12.3 down, but it has a chance.

currently I have 4 engage shafts in various sizes and joint pins.