Becue specs

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a bit of time and nothing to do at the moment, so I decided to get my Becue ready for playing on Sunday.

Cleaned the cue with alcohol and then waxed it up nice with Renaissance Wax (butt and shaft).

Checked to see what size weight I had in it and saw that I was using the half-ounce bolt. I think I will change it to the three-quarter ounce bolt and see how that works. Playing under last week's conditions, I think the extra quarter-ounce would have given me a tad more "punch".

Decided to break out the calipers to see how "true to size" it was.

SHAFT 1: Prime Pro Taper Shaft (29")

12mm at the tip

12.52mm at 6" down

13.3mm at 12" down

16.74mm at 18" down

20.42mm at 24" down

21.44mm at the shaft joint (.842")

BUTT: Naked model (29")

21.44mm at the butt joint (.842")

25.29mm at 12' down from butt joint (.994")

29.01mm at 22" down from the butt joint (1.14")

30.5mm at the very end of the butt cap (1.20")

BALANCE POINT (measured by balancing it on my finger, with no weight bolts inside...Becue 12mm Prime Pro Taper shaft...shaft 29" and butt 29")

Balances at 19.25" up from the end of the butt

Balances at 18'' up from the end of the butt with a 1-ounce weight bolt inside

SHAFT 2: 5.1 conical taper shaft (30")

11.8mm at the tip

13.57mm at 6' down from the tip

15.1mm at 12" down from the tip

17.57mm at 18" down from the tip

20.49mm at 24" down from the tip

BALANCE POINT (measured by balancing it on my finger, with no weight bolts inside...Becue 11.8mm 5.1 conical taper shaft...shaft 30" and butt 29")

Balances at 18" up from the end of the butt with a 1-ounce weight bolt inside

I found it interesting that the balance points remained the same even though both shafts had different dimensions and the 5.1 shaft was an inch longer.

BALANCE POINT WITH 10" EXTENSION:

Balances at 14.5" up from the end of the butt of the cue with the 10", 5-ounce extension on it. (24.5" from the bottom of the extension)

For the record: These were measured while I was "eye-balling" the measuring tape and calipers and laying on the bed. Accuracy may be off by a "smidgen".

Last edited:

3rdeyemedia.us

Hello Hawaiianeye, Wanted to ask you if you are putting the Renaissance Wax on a wood or carbon fiber cue. I have a Becue PrimeM 12.0 the wax doesn't seem to make much of a difference. What have your results been?

Thanks

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Got a bit of time and nothing to do at the moment, so I decided to get my Becue ready for playing on Sunday.

Cleaned the cue with alcohol and then waxed it up nice with Renaissance Wax (butt and shaft).

Checked to see what size weight I had in it and saw that I was using the half-ounce bolt. I think I will change it to the three-quarter ounce bolt and see how that works. Playing under last week's conditions, I think the extra quarter-ounce would have given me a tad more "punch".

Decided to break out the calipers to see how "true to size" it was.

SHAFT 1: Prime Pro Taper Shaft (29")

12mm at the tip

12.52mm at 6" down

13.3mm at 12" down

16.74mm at 18" down

20.42mm at 24" down

BALANCE POINT (measured by balancing it on my finger, with no weight bolts inside...Becue 12mm Prime Pro Taper shaft...shaft 29" and butt 29")

Balances at 18'' up from the end of the butt with a 1-ounce weight bolt inside

SHAFT 2: 5.1 conical taper shaft (30")

11.8mm at the tip

13.57mm at 6' down from the tip

15.1mm at 12" down from the tip

17.57mm at 18" down from the tip

20.49mm at 24" down from the tip

BALANCE POINT (measured by balancing it on my finger, with no weight bolts inside...Becue 11.8mm 5.1 conical taper shaft...shaft 30" and butt 29")

Balances at 18" up from the end of the butt with a 1-ounce weight bolt inside

I found it interesting that the balance points remained the same even though both shafts had different dimensions and the 5.1 shaft was an inch longer.

BALANCE POINT WITH 10" EXTENSION:

Balances at 14.5" up from the end of the butt of the cue with the 10", 5-ounce extension on it. (24.5" from the bottom of the extension)

For the record: These were measured while I was "eye-balling" the measuring tape and calipers and laying on the bed. Accuracy may be off by a "smidgen".
Went to all that trouble and then you mention you were "eyeballing"?😂😂

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Way too thin for my liking. Too whippy.
.842 to 1.242 would make it much better .
Straight or dual taper .
Better for whom?

You?

It doesn’t seem to “whippy” to me.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pls, guys, define "whippy".

I play with the painted Becue 30" shaft and 30" butt plus the 3" extension.

Last edited:

3rdeyemedia.us

The Becue Prime M 12mm is what I would call Whippy. It reminds me of my first Meucci pro taper shaft. The term "Whippy" means it is flexable kind of like a fishing pole verses being stiff like a 2x4 board. An example of a very stiff shaft would be a 13mm JOSS, A REVO or Even a Synergy 15K. Compared to all of those the Becue shafts especially the 12mm are not stiff they are flexible which some call "Whippy".

I absolutely love the "Whippy" in this shaft as it prevents miscues and deflection. When your shaft is very stiff it makes the ball Squirt off the center line when you use heavy english. With the Becue the shaft flexes slightly instead of shooting the ball off-center the shaft gives and compensates making the cue ball stay on a straighter path. Because I have a fairly strong stoke I prefer a more forgiving shat with a Medium Hard tip. People who shoot really soft may prefer a stiffer shaft and a softer tip. The better you get and the more confidence you have n your stroke the more you will prefer a skinnier more flexible shaft and a harder tip.

LOVE the Becue Prime-M with the Medium tip it comes with.