One year of online instruction - $500.00

SILVER IN-PERSON:
One day of in-person instruction - $600.00

GOLD IN-PERSON:
Two days of in-person instruction - $1100.00

PLATINUM/HYBRID COURSE:
3 days of in-person instruction with a free year of online - $1500.00

All platinum courses come with 3 books!
Call 606-669-8401 or visit POOLTEACHER.COM for more information.

upload images

Last edited:

Anthony_Beeler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instructor of Decade according to who?

or is this just another example of being indoctrinated from the Charlie Williams school of marketing...
Anthony Beeler, Pool Instructor Of The Decade From 2010- ...Sneaky Pete Mafia Magazinehttps://www.sneakypetemafia.com › post › anthony-beel...

That's the link to the magazine article on it. There was a vote and I got more votes than anyone and that along with the Board of Directors vote determined the winner. Here is the final tally after two weeks of voting:

Also, it was in the ACS E-Newsletter

image url host

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
One vote for Bert? ONE? lol
That guy has taught many professionals and countless amateurs.
Mr. Beeler is obviously a very fine instructor, but that poll smells rotten.

Anthony_Beeler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One vote for Bert? ONE? lol
That guy has taught many professionals and countless amateurs.
Mr. Beeler is obviously a very fine instructor, but that poll smells rotten.
Not sure why he had only two votes. It was a public voting and anyone who had an account could vote. Bert had 2 votes. One and the picture of the person beside it. I honestly think it's because the votes were so spread out. There were like 30-40 people who got one vote.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LEARN POOL FROM THE BILLIARDS
INSTRUCTOR OF THE DECADE (2010-2020)

COURSE OPTIONS:

PLATINUM ONLINE:
One year of online instruction - $500.00

SILVER IN-PERSON:
One day of in-person instruction - $600.00

GOLD IN-PERSON:
Two days of in-person instruction - $1100.00

PLATINUM/HYBRID COURSE:
3 days of in-person instruction with a free year of online - $1500.00

All platinum courses come with 3 books!
Call 606-669-8401 or visit POOLTEACHER.COM for more information.

upload images

Just curious: any video out there of you competing out “in the wild,” so to speak, demonstrating the effectiveness of the technique you teach?

Lou Figueroa

Anthony_Beeler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious: any video out there of you competing out “in the wild,” so to speak, demonstrating the effectiveness of the technique you teach?

Lou Figueroa
Ask SVB... I cashed at the Derby City Classic and went hill/hill with him, but lost. Defeated Shannon Murphy in the Finals of the Billiard Cafe 9-Ball Championship. Defeated Tom D'Alfonso in the finals the very next month. Won that tournament 4 months in a row against several pro/semi pro level players. Defeated Charlie Bryant at Shannon Daulton's All Star Billiards tournament. Finished 2nd in that event. Beat Louis Ulrich in the finals of the Qlympics Midnight Tournament and also beat Larry Price in the finals of that Midnight 8-Ball tournament. Beat Robert Frost in the finals of several other local events too. I am in no way saying I am a better player than any of these players. I did however, beat them in in the finals of tournaments. I also played at the BCAPL National 8-Ball Championship and finished 9th out of 1186 players in 2013. If you are looking for video I play the ghost on YouTube but you can ask any of those players and they will confirm what I said is true. I do also have an established Fargo rating of 713. Most of my playing days were prior to 2013 which is before most of the tournaments were aired on YouTube. Since 2013 I have been instructing students almost every weekend and all summer long. Thanks for your interest.

Some of my students include Janet Atwell 9th in the world on the WPBA Tour

Sam Henderson - I consider him to the the top junior in the country. He has won several national tournaments in men's advanced/masters division tournaments.

Aruba National Champion HT Geerman

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask SVB... I cashed at the Derby City Classic and went hill/hill with him, but lost. Defeated Shannon Murphy in the Finals of the Billiard Cafe 9-Ball Championship. Defeated Tom D'Alfonso in the finals the very next month. Won that tournament 4 months in a row against several pro/semi pro level players. Defeated Charlie Bryant at Shannon Daulton's All Star Billiards tournament. Finished 2nd in that event. Beat Louis Ulrich in the finals of the Qlympics Midnight Tournament and also beat Larry Price in the finals of that Midnight 8-Ball tournament. Beat Robert Frost in the finals of several other local events too. I am in no way saying I am a better player than any of these players. I did however, beat them in in the finals of tournaments. I also played at the BCAPL National 8-Ball Championship and finished 9th out of 1186 players in 2013. If you are looking for video I play the ghost on YouTube but you can ask any of those players and they will confirm what I said is true. I do also have an established Fargo rating of 713. Most of my playing days were prior to 2013 which is before most of the tournaments were aired on YouTube. Since 2013 I have been instructing students almost every weekend and all summer long. Thanks for your interest.

Some of my students include Janet Atwell 9th in the world on the WPBA Tour

Sam Henderson - I consider him to the the top junior in the country. He has won several national tournaments in men's advanced/masters division tournaments.

Aruba National Champion HT Geerman

OK.

But what I asked was whether there was video out there of you *competing.* Playing on your home table and doing drills is nice and all but not the same. In any case, thanks and good luck.

Lou Figueroa

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK.

But what I asked was whether there was video out there of you *competing.* Playing on your home table and doing drills is nice and all but not the same. In any case, thanks and good luck.

Lou Figueroa
I don’t think he got a Fargo rating in the 700s by playing on his home table and just shooting drills. He just listed a complete resume of extremely high level competition, whether or not that was captured on video is irrelevant, although I would bet much of it has been recorded.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think he got a Fargo rating in the 700s by playing on his home table and just shooting drills. He just listed a complete resume of extremely high level competition, whether or not that was captured on video is irrelevant, although I would bet much of it has been recorded.

Perhaps irrelevant to you but not what I was interested in or what I asked about.

Lou Figueroa

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No disrespect intended but what makes your school different than any other pool
school?

The instructors I've been with teach PSR, SPF and stance .. pretty much it although
delivered in their own flavor. Some want all stances to look the same even though
more advanced players neither need nor want a total makeover. If you had 5 pros in
the class I'm sure they would not be required to do the same.

I do agree that most players need help with the above mentioned instruction but
I've found that more advanced players get no more benefit from pool school than
they would from a youtube video

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK.

Lou Figueroa
Lou, have you checked his youtube stuff? It's not all that bad although most of it caters to the gullible. Like some others he tries to hook people with terms like "Secrets of the pros" , etc.
The contents average to good and then at the end he touts his classes. Just a guy trying to make a living.
I found his claim Instructor of the decade to be rather absurd but what I really find ridiculous is just basically putting a giant ad on the Main forum.
I admit ignorance of the rules on here but I wouldn't think this would be allowed. I've never seen him on the Ask the instructor forum.
I did call him out once in the comments section of a video about his information being incomplete and therefore misleading. His reply was he only gives certain info for free and would be happy to give the rest when you sign up with him.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why everyone is hating on him. He's been a member on AZB since the beginning, 2003, with tons of participation. He's a player through and through. And in the past 10 years, decided to make pool instruction his income, going the online virtual route. What's not to like about all that?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, have you checked his youtube stuff? It's not all that bad although most of it caters to the gullible. Like some others he tries to hook people with terms like "Secrets of the pros" , etc.
The contents average to good and then at the end he touts his classes. Just a guy trying to make a living.
I found his claim Instructor of the decade to be rather absurd but what I really find ridiculous is just basically putting a giant ad on the Main forum.
I admit ignorance of the rules on here but I wouldn't think this would be allowed. I've never seen him on the Ask the instructor forum.
I did call him out once in the comments section of a video about his information being incomplete and therefore misleading. His reply was he only gives certain info for free and would be happy to give the rest when you sign up with him.

Sure, I looked at a couple of them.

But I’m thinking, “Wow. Instructor of the decade! I’d like to see this guy shoot under pressure. Maybe there’s some magic there.”

Because, over the years I’ve played and seen enough pros to know that pool is very idiosyncratic and there are guys out there getting great results with technique that probably isn’t going to work for just about anyone else. So I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

As to pro secrets, well, here’s the biggest one (fer free): there are none. Just hard work that produces consistent results and a good memory.

As to his claim and posting it in the Main Forum, hmmmm, perhaps a bit over the top, IMO. Anywhos, no issue with someone trying to make a living and marketing themselves.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know why everyone is hating on him. He's been a member on AZB since the beginning, 2003, with tons of participation. He's a player through and through. And in the past 10 years, decided to make pool instruction his income, going the online virtual route. What's not to like about all that?

Who is “hating on him?”

Lou Figueroa