Been a while since a "Whats in the case thread"

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So whats in your case these days? Heres whats in mine.
FullSizeRender8_zpsjfxty8gc.jpg

FullSizeRender9_zpsvhg1qyyb.jpg

IMG_0809_zpscialmuzs.jpg

IMG_0810_zps798mgvlk.jpg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Stupid CA Ivory Ban Is Crimping My Style......

You asked .....here's mine.

Attachments

• Castillo 6x12.jpg
    Castillo 6x12.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,054
  • Castillo 6x12 (2).jpg
    Castillo 6x12 (2).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Az Photo (comp'd).jpg
    Az Photo (comp'd).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Az pic.jpg
    Az pic.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 6 Ivory Cues (3).jpg
    6 Ivory Cues (3).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a Deluxe Elephant Leather wrap.........my EP has a Elephant Ear wrap and it is not my cup of tea.
This wrap is a gray color which is what I needed for my color scheme. It is also from the belly area which
may be the reason it has such a different, much more preferable feel......Martin (Jazznpool) provided it.

I wanted Cortland Linen #12 bur was never able to convince Mr. Pechauer to sell me any and the white
with black speck was what I always had in mind. CL #9 was the wrong color and a black leather wrap
would have made the cue design too dark. I needed a neutral color and decided gray was the best one.

Once I settled upon gray, then it was easier because as I found out, there aren't a lot of leather choices.
Fortunately Martin had a wrap which he referred to as Deluxe and it entirely different than the wrap on my
EP cue. The texture is wonderful and the color is ideal and it is absolutely worth the extra expense.

Attachments

• AZ cue wrap.jpg
    AZ cue wrap.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 931
  • Bob Owen Cue (2).jpg
    Bob Owen Cue (2).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • Bob Owen Cue (3).jpg
    Bob Owen Cue (3).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,071

dom_poppa

Banned
It is a Deluxe Elephant Leather wrap.........my EP has a Elephant Ear wrap and it is not my cup of tea.

This wrap is a gray color which is what I needed for my color scheme. It is also from the belly area which

may be the reason it has such a different, much more preferable feel......Martin (Jazznpool) provided it.

I wanted Cortland Linen #12 bur was never able to convince Mr. Pechauer to sell me any and the white

with black speck was what I always had in mind. CL #9 was the wrong color and a black leather wrap

would have made the cue design too dark. I needed a neutral color and decided gray was the best one.

Once I settled upon gray, then it was easier because as I found out, there aren't a lot of leather choices.

Fortunately Martin had a wrap which he referred to as Deluxe and it entirely different than the wrap on my

EP cue. The texture is wonderful and the color is ideal and it is absolutely worth the extra expense.

My old eyes are deceiving me. Looks gray so i thoughy it was black with some sort of white speck since you say you only like linen.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I just went away for 8 days to my parents place in Delaware. Would love to show my 13 cues, but am i allowed because 8 of them have ivory.:sorry: i do have 3 more incoming cues as well, all with ivory(legal fwiw), but ill be picking them up in legal places.

Matt, awesome stuff. Glad you are liking the EE wrap, i have a couple cues with it & at least 1 more with it incoming. But im a lwather fan anyway, dont or wont own anything with linen.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is obvious that pool cues with ivory are legal to own and all of the regulations clearly specify this as such.

I am pleased and proud to have collected these cues before the CA ivory ban happened. And I am not offended nor deterred to be an advocate of using legal pre-ban ivory in anything you want. The USA has a document that more people need to be familiar with........it's called the United Sates Constitution......you know the one that goes......"We the people......". The constitution states that all Ex Post Facto laws are illegal and that's what the CA ivory ban and the Federal reg are based upon.....these laws can only be enacted on a De Facto basis like all the laws have been enacted in the United States of America since that document was signed into law 240 years ago.........the matter is clear cut.....Does anyone recall a thing called Prohibition.......it was enacted DE Facto, not Ex Post Facto.....Duh?

gunderjj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in my case

This is what is in my case. Did not get out all the tools I have, but the cues I did.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love these threads, always fun to see what others are actually playing with.

Here's mine:
cb602d42-8779-4b51-b93e-106894440ca9.jpg

Runde 15 - custom ordered and received last September. Love this cue and had always wanted a green veneer cue. I carry 2 shafts, a 12.25mm w/ Wizard medium and my player 12mm w/ Kamui black clear soft, both with micarta ferrules.

Gilbert jump/break in bloodwood w/Samsara tip

Microfiber towel, glove, Q-claw, Q-Wiz, and Kamui tip tool.

All carried in my Chuck Fields case....took me a year to track one down and was so worth the wait!

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I haven't done one of these in a while. I'll take some pictures Sunday

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Here's my gear, 60" JMW, 60" Vigus, 3x6 JB Rugged, 2x4 Murnak, 58" JMW, 59" Blackcreek

3b311cd137b13e8629ac046b61344149.jpg

I really need to sell the 58" JMW Hoppe and sell, or rewrap, the 59" Blackcreek!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my gear, 60" JMW, 60" Vigus, 3x6 JB Rugged, 2x4 Murnak, 58" JMW, 59" Blackcreek

3b311cd137b13e8629ac046b61344149.jpg

I really need to sell the 58" JMW Hoppe and sell, or rewrap, the 59" Blackcreek!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome cues and setup.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
3AF62B73-4993-4051-A53F-B73E96FF0B7F.jpg

I have some chalk, two Last4ever tip tools, eye drops, two shaft slickers and a pen

7D9C0A6C-9F97-42E4-A2C4-1771768F04E2.jpg

The cues are a Gilbert, BK3, Davis blank finished by Jon Spitz and a Lomax jumper. The cue extension was made by Tim Monk

soon2bsleeved

Registered
This is what I carry

IMG_2711.jpg

Case
JB Rugged 4x8 (best case I have ever had)

Player
Predator 8K (Hope to replace with a Jim Pierce in the very near FUTURE)
SS360/2 - player (love this shaft) w/SIB Medium (recently installed)
REVO - on loan from a friend

Break Cue
Predator BK-3

Jump Cue
J. Henshaw

Molinari Cue Cleaner (well worth the $10)
TIP Shaper
Magic Chalk

Thanks guys...
Jim C.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, I really wish the JMW Hoppe was at least 59" though, and had a bumper...lol. I'm used to bouncing my cue on the bumper and the hall I play at has hard wood floors!

Me too zach. Loved how the cue played,and how it looked if laying on the table,but i really have to have bumper on the bottom.