Beeswax or bondo?

WGCP

JUST ANOTHER DAY
When I recovered my table I filled all the holes and joints with beeswax. Yet as I read the posts on this, most of you have used bondo, or a similar compound. Was this a mistake?:confused:

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I prefer Bondo over all other products most people dont like it because they dont coat the screw heads wth paper or wax before covering them with Bondo.

apon disassemble you can.

1. damage screw heads by not cleaning them out good.
2. chip the slate because you hit to hard with a screwdriver and hammer to chip out the Bondo, rookies and hack do this damage..

That is what the biggest complaint about Bondo is.

Wax is just easy to use...

1. it easy to use and apply
2. it cleans out of screwheads very easy.
3. hardly ever chip slate.
4. great to use if you move the table alot move from house to house.

both are bad if you get it in the carpet or on the floor in general. Bondo stinks for awhile and wax you need a torch so you have to be alert as to were the flame is at all times you can burn the floor, hair and tool by mistake.

If you are a average home owner play once in awhile wax is fine.

If you are above average player and are trying to always improve your game got with Bondo this way it plays the same all the time without feeling ant bumps, groves or any other distractions on the playing field of the table..

Craig

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Grout is to grity leaves grit on the playing surface wont be smooth like glass. Caulk wont get hard enough for big voids might work on tight joints????. good idea though..

Craig