BEF Jr Nationals Olson/Styer Perfect matchup

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First I want to say Congrats to these young guns. I had the priviledge of working with both of these young men and they are both great kids and are going to be so good for our pool world.

I just saw this yesterday on AZ here that Danny Olson won the BEF Jr National in Ill.

Then to my amazement I went to the sitehttp://www.livestream.com/befusjuniornationals to watch the match only to find out that it was Milwaukees own Tyler Styer playing out of Romines High Pockets battling it out with Danny for second and third to see who would get to play Brendon Crocket another young gun from California. In fact Brendon went undefeated on the winners side. That in itself was a great accomplishment.

I want to share with everyone these stories about how Danny and Tyler's Perfect Aim lessons came about. I don't know too much about Brendon Crockett. Maybe someone wouldn't mind adding to this thread please.

I was in Denver giving lessons about 2 years ago when I got a call from Danny's mother asking when I would be able to give her son a lesson. She was willing to drive to Wisconsin. I told her that I was in Denver and didn't know when I would get back so I told her she should buy the video and that if her son had any questions he could call me.

About 4 or 5 months later I went to the World Tournament in Galvaston and this tall slender young man walks up to me and said he was Danny Olson. I didn't really make the connection until he told me his mother bought him the video. I immediately told him that I would work with him before the tourny was over so he really understood it well. He informed me that he had it down pretty good.

It was kind of funny though. He said when he first watched the Perfect Aim video he said to himself this guy is cracked. But he went to the table and worked a little bit with it he realized it was actully working.

I asked him what he thought now. His reply was that it is the nutz. It's like cheating.

Danny was a great little player before he learned Perfect Aim but he was pretty excited about what it added to his aersenal. He's been winning a bunch of tournys over the last year or so and his name will be popping up all over in tournaments all over the country.

Good job Mom. You got yourself a champion kid there and a great little pool player.

Then there is Tyler Styer. About 6 months ago I strolled into Romines High Pockets in Milwaukee to teach some perfect Aim. I talked to Terry Romine and told him that I would do one free lesson with any player of his choice. I do this at pretty much every pool hall I go to giving lessons.

His choice was Tyler Styer. This young man came over all excited and ready to learn. As I was working with him I could almost hear the wheels turning in his mind. He was all focus.

As I was working with him I could see that like Danny, Tyler is a really good kid also. Another great addition to our pool world. These guys are both going to be great for the game.

As he was applying what he was learning he would turn to me with that big smile and tell me how well it was working for him. It was so much fun. We played together for an hour or 3 afterwards until his mother peeled him away from the table.

For me as a teacher I was thrilled to have worked with both of these young guns. And from what I can see these 3 guys are just going to get better and better and better.

Good Job Guys. Keep up the good work and continue to have FUN........:cool:

Like I said for me it was a Perfect finals.

Congrats again Danny, Brendon and Tyler...........
 
Last edited:
I've had the pleasure of playing with both of these (kids) and they both gave me the hope that I was wishing for from the pool youth. Both young gentlemen!

Danny roomed with me at the BCA Nationals this year and I was extremely impressed with his entire approach to the game. He was there for 1 reason only and that was to win the Advanced Division. After he lost his very first match of the Advanced Division Hill-Hill he held it together and marched through the entire event's 1 loss side to the finals where he ran out every single rack 6-2, 6-2 for the win.
 
First I want to say Congrats to these young guns. I had the priviledge of working with both of these young men and they are both great kids and are going to be so good for our pool world.

I just saw this yesterday on AZ here that Danny Olson won the BEF Jr National in Ill.

Then to my amazement I went to the sitehttp://www.livestream.com/befusjuniornationals to watch the match only to find out that it was Milwaukees own Tyler Styer playing out of Romines High Pockets battling it out with Danny for second and third place.

I want to share with everyone these stories about how their Perfect Aim lessons came about.

I was in Denver giving lessons about 2 years ago when I got a call from Danny's mother asking when I would be able to give her son a lesson. She was willing to drive to Wisconsin. I told her that I was in Denver and didn't know when I would get back so I told her she should buy the video and that if her son had any questions he could call me.

About 4 or 5 months later I went to the World Tournament in Galvaston and this tall slender young man walks up to me and said he was Danny Olson. I didn't really make the connection until he told me his mother bought him the video. I immediately told him that I would work with him before the tourny was over so he really understood it well. He informed me that he had it down pretty good.

It was kind of funny though. He said when he first watched the Perfect Aim video he said to himself this guy is cracked. But he went to the table and worked a little bit with it he realized it was actully working.

I asked him what he thought now. His reply was that it is the nutz. It's like cheating.

Danny was a great little player before he learned Perfect Aim but he was pretty excited about what it added to his aersenal. He's been winning a bunch of tournys over the last year or so and his name will be popping up all over in tournaments all over the country.

Good job Mom. You got yourself a champion kid there and a great little pool player.

Then there is Tyler Styer. About 6 months ago I strolled into Romines High Pockets in Milwaukee to teach some perfect Aim. I talked to Terry Romine and told him that I would do one free lesson with any player of his choice. I do this at pretty much every pool hall I go to giving lessons.

His choice was Tyler Styer. This young man came over all excited and ready to learn. As I was working with him I could almost hear the wheels turning in his mind. He was all focus.

As I was working with him I could see that like Danny, Tyler is a really good kid also. Another great addition to our pool world. These guys are both going to be great for the game.

As he was applying what he was learning he would turn to me with that big smile and tell me how well it was working for him. It was so much fun. We played together for an hour or 3 afterwards until his mother peeled him away from the table.

For me as a teacher I was thrilled to have worked with both of these young guns. And from what I can see these 2 guys are just going to get better and better and better.

Good Job Guys. Keep up the good work and continue to have FUN........:cool:

Like I said for me it was a Perfect finals. 2 winners in one tournament.

I was just informed that I made a mistake on who took what in this tournament.

Brandon Crockett went undefeated on the winners side until he played Danny Olson in the finals.

I don't think I ever met Brandon but to go through that field on the winners side undefeated is quite a feat.

Danny olson 1st Brandon Crockett 2nd and Tyler Styer 3rd.

All three of these young men will represent us well in the world tournament.

Good Luck young Guns............
 
Sorry Brendon, great tournament............

First I want to say Congrats to these young guns. I had the priviledge of working with both of these young men and they are both great kids and are going to be so good for our pool world.

I just saw this yesterday on AZ here that Danny Olson won the BEF Jr National in Ill.

Then to my amazement I went to the sitehttp://www.livestream.com/befusjuniornationals to watch the match only to find out that it was Milwaukees own Tyler Styer playing out of Romines High Pockets battling it out with Danny for second and third to see who would get to play Brendon Crocket another young gun from California. In fact Brendon went undefeated on the winners side. That in itself was a great accomplishment.

I want to share with everyone these stories about how Danny and Tyler's Perfect Aim lessons came about. I don't know too much about Brendon Crockett. Maybe someone wouldn't mind adding to this thread please.

I was in Denver giving lessons about 2 years ago when I got a call from Danny's mother asking when I would be able to give her son a lesson. She was willing to drive to Wisconsin. I told her that I was in Denver and didn't know when I would get back so I told her she should buy the video and that if her son had any questions he could call me.

About 4 or 5 months later I went to the World Tournament in Galvaston and this tall slender young man walks up to me and said he was Danny Olson. I didn't really make the connection until he told me his mother bought him the video. I immediately told him that I would work with him before the tourny was over so he really understood it well. He informed me that he had it down pretty good.

It was kind of funny though. He said when he first watched the Perfect Aim video he said to himself this guy is cracked. But he went to the table and worked a little bit with it he realized it was actully working.

I asked him what he thought now. His reply was that it is the nutz. It's like cheating.

Danny was a great little player before he learned Perfect Aim but he was pretty excited about what it added to his aersenal. He's been winning a bunch of tournys over the last year or so and his name will be popping up all over in tournaments all over the country.

Good job Mom. You got yourself a champion kid there and a great little pool player.

Then there is Tyler Styer. About 6 months ago I strolled into Romines High Pockets in Milwaukee to teach some perfect Aim. I talked to Terry Romine and told him that I would do one free lesson with any player of his choice. I do this at pretty much every pool hall I go to giving lessons.

His choice was Tyler Styer. This young man came over all excited and ready to learn. As I was working with him I could almost hear the wheels turning in his mind. He was all focus.

As I was working with him I could see that like Danny, Tyler is a really good kid also. Another great addition to our pool world. These guys are both going to be great for the game.

As he was applying what he was learning he would turn to me with that big smile and tell me how well it was working for him. It was so much fun. We played together for an hour or 3 afterwards until his mother peeled him away from the table.

For me as a teacher I was thrilled to have worked with both of these young guns. And from what I can see these 3 guys are just going to get better and better and better.

Good Job Guys. Keep up the good work and continue to have FUN........:cool:

Like I said for me it was a Perfect finals.

Congrats again Danny, Brendon and Tyler...........

I screwed up and it isn't the first time. Brendon Crockett played a great tournament going undefeated on the winners side. I hope to meet this young gun myself someday in person.

I've patched up my post to give credit where credit is deserved.

Good luck guys in Poland. Have fun and play your hearts out.
 
Danny Olson

I have known Danny and his parents for about 4yrs now and I can say its been great watching him grow as a player and a person. Danny and I met as many of us have, matched up in a tournament, although I got the better of him then more importantly I gained a friend. If Danny Olson is the future of pool in the USA then I would say we are most fortunate indeed.

Chad Barber
 
Back
Top