Berg vs Sky?

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will we ever see a Berman vs Skylar decider match. Or is it about as far fetched as a Alex vs Dennis match?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Will we ever see a Berman vs Skylar decider match. Or is it about as far fetched as a Alex vs Dennis match?

Alex cannot beat Dennis at any game IMHO.

Sky V Berg is a toss up, if super Sky shows up, its gonna be hard for Berg unless above average Berg shows up. But If Berg is breaking good, Shane probably won't like it.

Problem is, you still have to deal with Mike D if you're talking best in the USA. If he hits balls for a month, you have a very serious fly in the ointment. He gets discounted(same as Berg) in almost every conversation. Shane and Sky are not the be all end all in the USA. Yes, I will put my money where my mouth is - been doing it for years.

Last edited:

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sky V Berg is a toss up, if super Sky shows up, its gonna be hard for Berg unless above average Berg shows up. But If Berg is breaking good, Shane probably won't like it.

Problem is, you still have to deal with Mike D if you're talking best in the USA. If he hits balls for a month, you have a very serious fly in the ointment. He gets discounted(same as Berg) in almost every conversation. Shane and Sky are not the be all end all in the USA. Yes, I will put my money where my mouth is - been doing it for years.

If Sky plays Bergman you can PM me first for a bet. I don't see it as a coin flip at all. Bergman is definitely best player after the break in the country and playing nine ball he breaks just fine.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Problem is, you still have to deal with Mike D if you're talking best in the USA. If he hits balls for a month, you have a very serious fly in the ointment. He gets discounted(same as Berg) in almost every conversation. Shane and Sky are not the be all end all in the USA. Yes, I PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS - been doing it for years.

...BUT NOT ALWAYS

I am fascinated why Bergman isn't out there more. With Dechaine was driven/ he drove himself out of pool. The reality of life of trying to survive off pool tournaments is just not worth it for some. That said both of these guys are in the top 4 in the US. SVB is a wizard and only a couple people on the planet are at his level.

I'd like to see Bergman play about 10 guys on a road gambling tour against top talent that resides in the US. It would be interesting and I'm sure there is money to be made.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Life is a lot easier laying around at home and letting them come to you. I can see why Justin likes staying close to home. Life on the road is one long grind and can be dangerous as well. It's a lot safer close to home!

Justin's performance this week tells me that he's in a good state of mind, comfortable with himself and his life right now.

If you want to perform at your best in any game, it's important you find your own level of comfort, whatever that is. I grew up around George Rood, unquestionably one of top few pool players in the entire country at that time. He gave up life on the road by age forty and settled into a nice existence doing other things besides playing pool. Yet when a road man came through town he was always ready to drop in and iron them out. They didn't come back for seconds either. ;)

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...BUT NOT ALWAYS

I am fascinated why Bergman isn't out there more. With Dechaine was driven/ he drove himself out of pool. The reality of life of trying to survive off pool tournaments is just not worth it for some. That said both of these guys are in the top 4 in the US. SVB is a wizard and only a couple people on the planet are at his level.

I'd like to see Bergman play about 10 guys on a road gambling tour against top talent that resides in the US. It would be interesting and I'm sure there is money to be made.

it's notable that both those two players have their respective cult following on here (and presumably on fb), unlike for example sky woodward.

what do you mean dechaine was driven out of pool? i mean i heard stories about him and other players opinions about him, but did sponsors drop him? was he banned from tournaments?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's notable that both those two players have their respective cult following on here (and presumably on fb), unlike for example sky woodward.

what do you mean dechaine was driven out of pool? i mean i heard stories about him and other players opinions about him, but did sponsors drop him? was he banned from tournaments?

They all rode him to see him overreact. And he always would.
He was banned from Joss tours after wishing somebody who runs it was dead.

I think his staying away was good for him. With all the travel and competition for little money...it isn't a life.

I saw him win Turning Stone early on and just happened to be sitting next to his dad. Could sense the sacrifice and pride they had. I've always pulled for him.

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a hard time letting go of the idea that Bergman and Dechaine are still a cut above everyone in the US but Shane.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coaches?

Did Bergman leave the M Cup scene when Team USA got the new coach? Were Berg and previous coach on very good terms?

How would Tyler match up against Berg and Sky?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Bergman leave the M Cup scene when Team USA got the new coach? Were Berg and previous coach on very good terms?

How would Tyler match up against Berg and Sky?

It would be a very short night.