Best break/jump cue

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
alex brick
jumps better than any jumper (i had and sold lomax and hanshew)
and breaks very well

chenjy9

I really like my Schmelke Purpleheart JB. My friend has a Jerico Stinger that breaks really nicely as well.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything modified to a nice taper and a good tip, White Diamond is so far the best I have tried. I don't like the oversize shafts on most of the cheaper break/jump cues so have a local guy cut them down a bit. The PureX is nice since it breaks down to 4 sections for flexibility.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Heard good things about the omen jump/breaks. Been tempted to pick one up. Superior cues just got a 5 or 6 in i saw in the for sale.

The poison jump/ break surprised me. It felt and broke great.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Do people think break-jump cues are usually about as good at jumping as a straight jump cue?

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the term best is really a relative term. I would throw the stinger from McDermott in the mix as I have observed many people be happy with it. If you have good jump fundamentals, you should be able to jump with any jump cue or jump/break. However, some people like the feel of specific jump cues or jump/break cues such as weight and if it has grooves for your fingers. So go with the one you personally like and are successful with.

Reactions: Pin

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Many member love Andy Gilbert’s Jump Break.

Martin recently show Omems for sale some Omens he has for sale.

Last edited:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shaft one wants for breaking is stiff and strong
The shaft one wants for jumping is light with significant flex.

I can't see how anyone would want a J/B with the physics of the shafts being so different.

chenjy9

The shaft one wants for breaking is stiff and strong
The shaft one wants for jumping is light with significant flex.

I can't see how anyone would want a J/B with the physics of the shafts being so different.

Not everyone can afford to own 3 different cues. While a JB cue will always be stiff, having something that you can make short and light is better than nothing. Heck… before jump cues were a thing, people jumped with play cues.

Not optimal > Nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best one I ever had was a Huebler... It was just born to be a great cue... balance was great, probably because of the wood & the the weight.., I had that great cue in 2005-2008, sold it because the guy gave me too much money to say no... In retrospect, I sold it too cheap...

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everyone can afford to own 3 different cues.
I use a $60 Lucasi jump cue and an $80 break cue (that happened to come with my pool table.)

The cues are probably less that drinks at the local bar for a month, all combined.

chenjy9

I use a $60 Lucasi jump cue and an $80 break cue (that happened to come with my pool table.)

The cues are probably less that drinks at the local bar for a month, all combined.

Right now, the cheapest jump cue on Seyberts is $100 (Lucky Butterfly) while a Schmelke break cue is $109. A 2x3 case is the minimum requirement for a playing cue, break cue, and jump cue setup and the cheapest case (foam molded 2x4) on Seyberts that meets that requirement costs $55, while much better 2x2 Lucasi case costs $45 on Seyberts. You can get a Schmelke JB cue for $160. Right off the bat, we are looking at $264 vs $204 plus the unpriced difference between a crappy 2x4 foam case vs a much nicer Lucasi felt lined case.

Now, looking at it from a practicality perspective... I don't jump the ball that often. Heck, quite a few bars and halls don't even allow it as it's one of the quickest ways to damage table cloth when done incorrectly. I rather put that money towards something else.

The Verbalist

. . .
Silver Member
I have owned hundreds of break, break/jump, jump cues. From cheap Players to Mezz to BK Rush to customs and everything in between. I picked up a Rhino jump/break in 54" configuration because I used to really like the Mezz PB2 short breaker. Loved the Rhino so much that I also picked up a standard 58" version. I had the tips on both changed to a white diamond. Highly recommend them, you can get them on ebay or from J&J, the ebay link is also J&J, just seems to be a little cheaper. $90, really nice shafts, nice quality butts. Only flaw in my opinion is they are bastard pins, not an issue for me as I like the shafts they come with though. They broke well with the phenolic tips they came with, I just don't like what the phenolic does to my cue ball. I believe I bought the 54" from Mr. Vmax on here, but the 58" I bought from ebay.

Last edited:

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Predator Air 2 out jumps everything I've tried. But they have a mini radial joint so you can't slap a carbon shaft on it.