Best (budget-orientated) Worsted Felt

Robotron

Hey guys

Need some help! Any recommendations for a budget-friendly worsted felt?

I tried ordering from coolpooltables.com:

As great price and sounded great "You will not find a high quality worsted cloth such as this for this low of a price. We import this cloth directly and are able to pass the savings on to our customers. You can't beat the similar playability to Simonis 860 Tournament cloth for nearly 1/3rd the cost!"

But this supplier let me down. I'm in Canada, placed the order with an extra $11.08 fee for shipping, they contacted me 4 days later and told me actual shipping to Canada is $65, what a joke!

So now looking for an alternative...

The table is $900USD, and I'm ideally looking to spend around $150USD, maybe up to $200 max. And looking for a worsted felt.

There is a seller on ebay called gameroomcreations that appears to be (?) one of the bigger suppliers of Worsted cloth on ebayA 9ft table would be $118 plus $13.56 shipping to Canada:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-...2&toolid=10001&campid=&icep_item=200955419245

Anyone have any experience with their felt?

Lots of unbranded Chinese stuff on eBay and Amazon, but wanting to avoid those as could be any quality.

Any suppliers you can recommend taking a look at for decent cheap worsted felt?

Thanks guys!!

Robotron

It looks like they maybe don't make that CPBA felt anymore, in the link you provided it is sold out in all colors and sizes. Sounded good though!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like they maybe don't make that CPBA felt anymore, in the link you provided it is sold out in all colors and sizes. Sounded good though!
They still make it. I tried link and it said $185 for 9ft and in stock. $200 w/tax. Delivered.

Geosnookery

Hey guys

Need some help! Any recommendations for a budget-friendly worsted felt?

I tried ordering from coolpooltables.com:

As great price and sounded great "You will not find a high quality worsted cloth such as this for this low of a price. We import this cloth directly and are able to pass the savings on to our customers. You can't beat the similar playability to Simonis 860 Tournament cloth for nearly 1/3rd the cost!"

But this supplier let me down. I'm in Canada, placed the order with an extra $11.08 fee for shipping, they contacted me 4 days later and told me actual shipping to Canada is $65, what a joke!

So now looking for an alternative...

The table is $900USD, and I'm ideally looking to spend around $150USD, maybe up to $200 max. And looking for a worsted felt.

There is a seller on ebay called gameroomcreations that appears to be (?) one of the bigger suppliers of Worsted cloth on ebayA 9ft table would be $118 plus $13.56 shipping to Canada:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-...2&toolid=10001&campid=&icep_item=200955419245

Anyone have any experience with their felt?

Lots of unbranded Chinese stuff on eBay and Amazon, but wanting to avoid those as could be any quality.

Any suppliers you can recommend taking a look at for decent cheap worsted felt?

Thanks guys!!
I know two guys who got their cloth on eBay from a Chinese supplier. About half the price and free shipping. Good quality. One was a nice grey colour.

I never order anything ‘new’ in from the USA. Most new items aren’t made there and it’s just a reseller of Asian goods. It’s similar with the UK except the ‘UK’ is just a marketing tool and the item Will still be sent from China. ...the positive is they don’t add shipping charges.

an aside: try to establish a reliable Chinese contact on Ali Express Or
E bay. They can get you just about anything. The fellow who supplies our lab equipment gets me guitar parts, my wife designer items, etc for peanuts. I have no idea how they can do it.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I say go for the simonis.

It is only like 1/3 more cost and you know you will get a top quality product.

Barring disaster, the cloth might last 10yr on a home table.

Do it right the first time.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its half the price of 860. I lknow toledotrent has had good results using it. I've played on it a few times and can't tell it apart from Sim. Good stuff.

Robotron

I know two guys who got their cloth on eBay from a Chinese supplier. About half the price and free shipping. Good quality. One was a nice grey colour.

I never order anything ‘new’ in from the USA. Most new items aren’t made there and it’s just a reseller of Asian goods. It’s similar with the UK except the ‘UK’ is just a marketing tool and the item Will still be sent from China. ...the positive is they don’t add shipping charges.

an aside: try to establish a reliable Chinese contact on Ali Express Or
E bay. They can get you just about anything. The fellow who supplies our lab equipment gets me guitar parts, my wife designer items, etc for peanuts. I have no idea how they can do it.
The problem with the Chinese suppliers is no standard for quality at all. You may buy from one supplier and it be one of the best you've ever seen, and then another supplier the worst you've seen. And, of course, they all say in their blurb that they're the best quality ;)

Robotron

It's looking like gameroomcreations will be most likely. Any experiences with their cloth? WIll be around $118 for a 9 ft table, which is a lot less than Simonis.

Geosnookery

The problem with the Chinese suppliers is no standard for quality at all. You may buy from one supplier and it be one of the best you've ever seen, and then another supplier the worst you've seen. And, of course, they all say in their blurb that they're the best quality ;)
What were these items that you ordered Directly from China multiple times?

Every Chinese supplier I deal with is obsessed with their reputation and it is the most important variable for them. They will often make no profit just to keep clientele. They know the manufacturers and quality expected. You can get a dozen IPad power supply cords for $15 delivered. I don’t care if somebody makes good or junk cords..My supplier will get me the good ones. The same way your grocery store orders in the best produce within reason for customers. Customers don’t need to pick he orchard.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's looking like gameroomcreations will be most likely. Any experiences with their cloth? WIll be around $118 for a 9 ft table, which is a lot less than Simonis.
Never heard of it. You will have to cut your own cushion pieces according to that site. Says its 90/10, 21oz so it should play like 860. Let us all know after its been on a while.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What were these items that you ordered Directly from China multiple times?. I bet nothing.

Every Chinese supplier I have deal is obsessed with their reputation and it is the most important variable for them. They will often no profit just to keep clientele.
Seriously? A location known for crap counterfeits?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What were these items that you ordered Directly from China multiple times?

Every Chinese supplier I deal with is obsessed with their reputation and it is the most important variable for them. They will often make no profit just to keep clientele. They know the manufacturers and quality expected. You can get a dozen IPad power supply cords for $15 delivered. I don’t care if somebody makes good or junk cords..My supplier will get me the good ones. The same way your grocery store orders in the best produce within reason for customers. Customers don’t need to pick he orchard.
Lol...even with the edit and non-fitting analogy, the power supply cord that came with my phone is still perfect, after more use than the 2/3 of the 3-pack of cords I got on the cheap which have failed.