Best display of shotmaking???

Josh Palmer

I'll take the 6 :)
Silver Member
Everyone loves a fearless shotmaker... What's the best display of shotmaking you've seen in person?

When I was 20 and just starting to play pool, I watched the room owner in dead stroke. He put a red out in the middle the 5x10, cue ball on the edge of the corner pocket, and proceed to pocket the ball in the other corner and draw the cueball back into the pocket 9 times in a row. I couldn't help it, and grabbed the red and put it in the far corner and said "now let's see you shoot it".

I couldn't believe you could put that much spin and stroke on that little cueball. He drew it right back, cross table in the corner again... SMALL POCKETS!!!

I was blown away.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didnt see this in person but have seen the video more than once. Ronnie o-sullivan running a perfect game of snooker in 5 minutes

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
I would not say wingshots are a good display of shotmaking since I can make them more consistently than I can make some tough cuts.

I watched Gandy Valle play in the U.S. a few years ago, and you just got the impression he would never miss. Atomic break, great stroke, incredible shotmaking. His trick seemed to be how carefully he addresses the cueball prior to his final stroke. He picks one exact point and sticks with it.

scottyr44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not to toot my own horn but i would say me! i have seem to come up with some of the craziest shots on the fly in a match. Shots that make efren's two rail cut against earl look like a hanger but then again i don't win alot either but i go out trying lol

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Impact Blue said:
Ronnie O'Sullivan. Watch the last pot on the black @ 4:45. Just gross.

I think the blue two shots earlier is even more impressive. He hits it like it's absolutely nothing, splits the pocket which is impressive enough at that distance and angle, and controls the cue ball quite well in the process. All without lining up, without taking any time to aim, and without a practice stroke. He's disrespecting everyone who's ever missed a shot playing snooker or pool by making it look that easy.

-Andrew

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
back in the middle 60's(surprised i can still remember that far back) "rotation slim" hustled at our local room. i still remember him as making shots that were bizarre. he was side betting on shots. probably took a few thousand out of there for one nite's work.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I am the King!

Hmmm. It was me, Monday night. Just ask the other 3 in the ring game.

I won $284 playing $.50 on the 5 and $1 on the 9.

Hey, if I don't believe in me, who will? ;)

(post embellished for illustrative porpoises)

BTW, for me, twas Earl on a couple occasions.

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mosconi run 111 ...

Back in 1965 or so when I was 15 I won an 8-ball tournament at a new poolhall that was opening up in Gulfport, MS. Winner got to play Willie straight pool to 150.

I'm all nervous. Early on I miss an easy shot and Willie can tell I'm beating up on myself mentally. He comes over to me before his turn an whispers, "No one here expects you to beat me. They all came to see me run a 100 balls. I'll fool around until I get to around 40 and go from there. I made a bunch of money betting on you during the tournament. Show me what you can do."

He dogged it beautifully a few times along the way to give me chances. When he "missed" and had 39 he gave me a knowing look (i.e., last chance kid) as he took his seat. After I managed to string a run of 28 and get into the mid 30s, he winked at me and smiled as he approached the table.

One hard shot (the one I left him) plus 110 easy shots and he was done.

Perfect position play! It all looked so effortless. Like a walk in the park.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WoodyJ said:
Back in 1965 or so ...I ...got to play Willie straight pool to 150.
...One hard shot (the one I left him) plus 110 easy shots and he was done.

Perfect position play! It all looked so effortless. Like a walk in the park.
Hell! Mosconi can't play then! He only made 1 hard shot!!