Best line from TAR35 - day 1

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I had a lot fun calling the match last night with Cotton.

It was interesting the swings in momentum. At one point Shane was up six and the feeling in the room was almost like he was behind in that Dennis just looked like a machine eating up the distance between them and would not stop.

I will be on the switcher tonight enjoying Jeremy and Cotton in the booth. I'm looking forward to hearing Jeremy's take on last night and what happens tonight.

JJ has a pretty good take on things. He is right in that Shane owns this table and these conditions. But we should never forget Shane's 7 pack on the super tight pockets on this table.

JJ plugging Bonus Ball really hard is kind of funny considering the amount of BB hate happening on the chat.

Shane, Alex and Dennis should take the on the winning Bonus Ball team in a Tar/BB all around.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Justin comes up with some of the best one liners in pool. That one had me laughing out loud at home. He's not one of the "name" commentators, but I've always enjoyed sitting in with him. He's articulate, knowledgeable, witty and has a good rapport with whoever is next to him. Too bad he's always in the directors seat most of the time.

I'm looking forward to Jeremy and Cotton, that should also be a good team in the booth. I just hope Dennis can find a way to scratch back into this match. It's really all about Shane at this point. If he continues his onslaught, there is nothing ANYONE can do to stop him.

Interesting tidbit from Warren Kiamco a couple of days ago. He said that NO ONE can go to Taiwan and get the money. He said there's too many good money players there and they just wear you out. I asked him if he meant Dennis, Alex, Lee Van and Francisco. He answered yeah, them too. He said there are more good "big money" players there than in the Philippines. That comment kind of opened my eyes.

B level pros in Taiwan go to China and become house pros. They take pool very seriously in Taiwan and coupled with the Asian LOVE of gambling and the fact that the "money supply" is pretty much the same as in the USA when it comes to who is doing the staking you have the perfect storm of backers with testosterone and money coupled with a ton of good players to back.

Luat played Chang Jun Lin on a tight gold crown and Chang ran over him. The next night they played on a looser older GC and Luat got there.

In the 80s/90s one of my friends who owns a cue factory told me stories of Mizerak coming over to order cues and he woud arrange money matches and Mizerak won them all, for tens of thousands of USD. Since then the Taiwanese have gotten super strong.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
B level pros in Taiwan go to China and become house pros. They take pool very seriously in Taiwan and coupled with the Asian LOVE of gambling and the fact that the "money supply" is pretty much the same as in the USA when it comes to who is doing the staking you have the perfect storm of backers with testosterone and money coupled with a ton of good players to back.

Luat played Chang Jun Lin on a tight gold crown and Chang ran over him. The next night they played on a looser older GC and Luat got there.

In the 80s/90s one of my friends who owns a cue factory told me stories of Mizerak coming over to order cues and he woud arrange money matches and Mizerak won them all, for tens of thousands of USD. Since then the Taiwanese have gotten super strong.

thats interesting , i have heard a little about that before, i know they are comming up strong the past 5 years, cause i see names i never saw before doing very well in World events from there.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
thats interesting , i have heard a little about that before, i know they are comming up strong the past 5 years, cause i see names i never saw before doing very well in World events from there.

It's one of the great strengths of our game, like soccer but even moreso. It can be played anywhere, by anyone, from any background, any income level, anywhere any climate, and is. The melting pot of talent and diversity in pool, gives the PGA the 7/8 and break. We also have a MUCH greater pool of talent, because environment has no say in location of our game Anywhere on the planet.