Best Pool Balls?

docgpmiller

Gentlemen:

I am believing it is more of a Gold Crown I because of the missing Bronze hardware. The way parts are mismatched underneath on this table that he was reading that may be the reason he said that. I don't know what made him come to that conclusion. I take everything everyone says at face value. Or it's just a late model Gold Crown I close to the production number of a Gold Crown 2. Anyway we are working on getting the other table done with Simonis 860HR and K55 Rails and new subrails because they were cut and the table surface was no longer 50"x100".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

docgpmiller

Look at this close up of the logo on this table.
22f4ff7af0a9fad68ba18f3c28b9b4bb.jpg
4e9aec81d8fd00bdce66edd62bb3fe69.jpg

docgpmiller

Getting back to Best Pool balls. I like the chevron indicator on the numbers. If Aramith balls had the chevrons on them I would probably buy them. Just my preference probably because I got so use to having the chevron on the balls that it like your Mom's homemade Chicken soup .

MrKnives

I’ve played for 53 years. The answer is….I don’t have a clue. I’ve tested balls in our lab. No real difference between them. In contrast, balls made 35 years pre computer machining, would have differences of weight and size even within a new set ( not that it was all that great).

It’s amazing that everyone is trying out new sets of balls for comparison. I just get a set from the cashier. What are they? Well, no idea and they certainly aren’t new to compare to the other ‘new’ set that I used at some hypothetical other pool hall I played in last year.

Comparing pool balls is like comparing cues…99% baloney.
What all do you test in your lab? Bounce, elasticity etc?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I recall playing in a 9 Ball Tournament weekly, the place did not have best of anything.

Tanled needed new cloth, balls were dirty, some of table rail were inconsistent.

All player faced deal with same Non-World Class equiptment.

Owners were not getting rich from their Pool Bar.

Place closed because they were not business people. Thought owning Bar would be fun.

I think when they had clean ball for Pool was day they opened.

No ball polisher, balls were washed in sink.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I know right!!!..and what about all these idiots using old pool cues...dont they know that if it isn't the latest thing built it isn't good!!! SMH
And yet the majority of people with carbon shafts have a hard time running 3 balls in a row. That carbon shaft must have been a real help to their game. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Getting back to Best Pool balls. I like the chevron indicator on the numbers. If Aramith balls had the chevrons on them I would probably buy them. Just my preference probably because I got so use to having the chevron on the balls that it like your Mom's homemade Chicken soup .

In the pool ball world, these are referred to as "darts".

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t agree in that area. I watch all these league players with low deflection shafts on 7’ diamonds playing pit pat pool. I shake my head at that.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
And yet the majority of people with carbon shafts have a hard time running 3 balls in a row. That carbon shaft must have been a real help to their game. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately, you are the severe minority.

If it wasnt for the casual players like these, the billiard industry WOULD be COMPLETELY dead. Count the blessings wherever you find them.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfortunately, you are the severe minority.

If it wasnt for the casual players like these, the billiard industry WOULD be COMPLETELY dead. Count the blessings wherever you find them.

You are absolutely right. I still can’t help to wonder how this carbon fiber shafts are helping there game on a 7’ table. But, if that’s what they like then sell them and let them buy them.

chenjy9

You are absolutely right. I still can’t help to wonder how this carbon fiber shafts are helping there game on a 7’ table. But, if that’s what they like then sell them and let them buy them.

Not everyone gets/uses a CF shaft because it improves their game. I got it because it is consistent, easy to clean, don't have to burnish it, durable, and resistant to warpage. I have noticed I can put spin on the ball with less effort, which is awesome, but that was never my intention when buying my Ignite.

At the end of the day, CF shafts are a good thing for the industry as it gives players and cue makers more options. Having more options is always a good thing.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everyone gets/uses a CF shaft because it improves their game. I got it because it is consistent, easy to clean, don't have to burnish it, durable, and resistant to warpage. I have noticed I can put spin on the ball with less effort, which is awesome, but that was never my intention when buying my Ignite.

At the end of the day, CF shafts are a good thing for the industry as it gives players and cue makers more options. Having more options is always a good thing.
And you can probably leave it in the trunk of your car and the heat and cold wont hurt it! Not that I would.

docgpmiller

At some point the pool balls just seem like you are playing with lightweight plastic. You need to have some standards for feeling like you are playing legitimate pool .

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
Yes definitely stuck in the stone age shooting on Gold Crown 2. At least I am shooting on Simonis 860HR. Yes I am still using my 1973 Viking pool cue .
49aa6d59d8bf3207cd5149a5b3fd0a74.jpg

That is a beautiful table.

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can afford it:
1. Predator Arcos II
2. Aramith Tournament

If you want a good set for the money:
1. Dynasphere Bronze (that will probably play as good, and will definitely resist chalk as good or better)
found on web search , what is going on here :alien:
021z.jpg