Best tourney to attend?

dereklovejoy

How Can i get better?
Silver Member
if you were going to go to one tourney in the next year which one would you choose? Im looking to attend one but seeing as i have never been to anything kind of hard to choose which one. I might also want to play some as well as watch some good action.
 
dereklovejoy said:
if you were going to go to one tourney in the next year which one would you choose? Im looking to attend one but seeing as i have never been to anything kind of hard to choose which one. I might also want to play some as well as watch some good action.

Heard of the Derby?
 
dereklovejoy said:
if you were going to go to one tourney in the next year which one would you choose? Im looking to attend one but seeing as i have never been to anything kind of hard to choose which one. I might also want to play some as well as watch some good action.

I think one of the best ones in NYS is the Turning Stone Classic
 
I wouldn't waste time on the Mosconi Cup. I'd look into the US Open. Barry B is one of the best. Derby sounds great, but its smack dab in the middle of year end, so no Louisville for me until retirement.

tim
 
Turning Stone Classic 9-Ball Open

dereklovejoy said:
if you were going to go to one tourney in the next year which one would you choose? Im looking to attend one but seeing as i have never been to anything kind of hard to choose which one. I might also want to play some as well as watch some good action.
Turning Stone Classic X 9-Ball Open - $25,000 ADDED - Verona, NY
February 21-24, 2008

Turning Stone Classic XI 9-Ball Open - $25,000 ADDED - Verona, NY
August 14-17, 2008​

 
Last edited:
dereklovejoy said:
if you were going to go to one tourney in the next year which one would you choose? Im looking to attend one but seeing as i have never been to anything kind of hard to choose which one. I might also want to play some as well as watch some good action.

If you're looking to play the Turning Stone events wouldn't be for you, although they are the BEST for watching.
I'd say either Derby City or Valley Forge.
 
Turning Stone Classic XI 9-Ball Open - August 14-17, 2008

jamesroberts said:
is the 2nd one in april or august?
Turning Stone Classic XI 9-Ball Open - $25,000 ADDED - Verona, NY
August 14-17, 2008
​
 
dereklovejoy said:
if you were going to go to one tourney in the next year which one would you choose? Im looking to attend one but seeing as i have never been to anything kind of hard to choose which one. I might also want to play some as well as watch some good action.

There is only on tournament that will give the greatest play not only 9 ball, but one pocket,banks and straits and you can compete in one or all of them at a bargain price entry fee and that is

THE DERBY CITY CLASSIC IN LOUISVILLE......
 
if next 9-ball WPC was to be held in Manila I would have said - WPC at the Philippines. But this year they are going to move to Cebu, and this could be less interesting due to lack of One Side pool hall action. But really nothing compares to the WPC in Poolland (aka Philippines) - been there twice. Either they manage to create a good hall to gamble on Cebu, or you will have to go to Manila in order to watch famous action - but since you are an American I advise you try going to the WPC. Who knows when it comes back there. And DCC is always there and will be, I truly hope so.
But certainly, when it comes to the intensity of action and gambling, nothing beats Derby City. That's the place of my dreams now - but first the WPC was, and only when it came true DCC replaces that in my heart :)
 
Back
Top