Best way to store cues?

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my extra cues and shafts in an extra hard case laying down not standing up, would this be alright?

Big Pappa Pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard in an interview with Gutierrez the cue maker that your sticks should be in a climate controlled area standing up. He says that laying them down can cause them to warp.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have my extra cues and shafts in an extra hard case laying down not standing up, would this be alright?

I have all mine standing straight up or hanging. There is no guaranteed way to keep them straight no matter how you store your cues. :frown:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I store them vertically in my gun safe.

I used to have a display case, but then determined that I want to have the thieves work for it....

Ken

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard that if you will store them in two piece inside the case to leave them horizontal and if you will have it in one piece to store them vertically.

Which one is best? :confused:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't know which way is best. You should also consider the wholesalers who all store their cues laying down, in boxes that they came in or in wooden bins or on shelves. I have known collectors who do both ways. One of my friends had them in a safe in drawers. I personally prefer to store my cues vertically because I think it's more natural for cues to be standing up. I keep them either in a rack or in my cases standing up at home.

But my playing cues live in the car, laying flat in the case. Our cases are padded inside though so the cue is supported by padding.

I don't think that anyone can prove one way or the other that laying cues horizontally is bad for them. Kao Kao has tens of thousands of cues in their warehouse and I have often gone there to buy a cue and to date I have never, not once picked a warped cue out of the box.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I don't know which way is best. You should also consider the wholesalers who all store their cues laying down, in boxes that they came in or in wooden bins or on shelves. I have known collectors who do both ways. One of my friends had them in a safe in drawers. I personally prefer to store my cues vertically because I think it's more natural for cues to be standing up. I keep them either in a rack or in my cases standing up at home.

But my playing cues live in the car, laying flat in the case. Our cases are padded inside though so the cue is supported by padding.

I don't think that anyone can prove one way or the other that laying cues horizontally is bad for them. Kao Kao has tens of thousands of cues in their warehouse and I have often gone there to buy a cue and to date I have never, not once picked a warped cue out of the box.

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess with a well made cue it doesn't matter if its vertically or horizontal when in the case. If the cue will be stored without being broken down in two pieces then vertically. Having them in very warm or very cold temp exposed for long periods could. That is the main thing to watch out. I also don't close my case all the way when storing them I leave a little open to allow it to breathe.