better tables? Verhoeven vs Gabriels?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Curious.
I'm aware of a couple things with Verhoeven. Gabrial made some improvements several years ago but I don't see those but once every 3 or 4 years.

What problems did you solve.
Like I said, just curious. Honest question.
You can call me if you'd like, 702-927-5689

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As of late, Hollywood (kr) seems to be interested in the American market. There are quite a few Hollywoods domestically and their tables are top notch, used in both PBA and UMD tournaments.

Min is another top brand and there will soon be another DC suburbs room opening that I expect will have Min carom and pool tables.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
All the Verhovens I've played on were heated and the Gabriels were not. I prefer the Verhovens
All Gabriel’s I have played on were heated

That is on the owners not the manufacturer lol
Heating is standard on any 3c table

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were to know someone who owns a granite countertop company and I could get pre-cut granite, could I theoretically make a billiards table from countertop? What if I bolted two layers together to make it thicker?

Is leveling the major challenge? I am assuming "leveling system" means a support structure that keeps the surface from flexing, as well as a way of adjusting the pieces parallel with gravity.

We have 1 Rafale 2.0 3C table and 1 Sentinal pool table from Gabriels on order. Will be at our club in August-September time frame.

Most of our players prefer Gabriels tables.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If I were to know someone who owns a granite countertop company and I could get pre-cut granite, could I theoretically make a billiards table from countertop? What if I bolted two layers together to make it thicker?

Is leveling the major challenge? I am assuming "leveling system" means a support structure that keeps the surface from flexing, as well as a way of adjusting the pieces parallel with gravity.
More to building a billiards table than just the playing surface, but hey, knock yourself out.