big Amboyna/Silver/Ivory/EE wrap McDaniel

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hi Folks,
have to sell this Beauty:( need the cash for a NEW Eye OP. Only Cash no trades and Bank wire only. This Cue is a 1/1 from Bill McDaniel, weight can ajust up and down as it has a Allen weight bolt system.
SOLD$ cash price only (I have paid much more).

Here is probably the nicest Bill McDaniel cue that I have ever seen, let alone, have in my possession. This is a beautifully executed masterpiece by one of the top cuemakers. I don't even know where to begin in describing this cue.

I count somewhere in the neighborhood of 168 ivory inlays. The ivory dots at the base of the points and the corners of the windows in the butt are set in sterling silver. The eight amboyna burl points and solid ambouna burl butt sleeve are of some of the best burl wood that I have seen. Add to that, the elephant ear wrap, ivory ferrules, joint, and buttcap...I just don't know what else you could ask for in a cue. The cue is perfect.

Specifications:

-Butt: 15.1ounces
-Shaft 1: 4.3 ounces, 12,89mm, Ivory ferrule, Moori medium with pad
-Shaft 2: 4.3 ounces, 12.81mm, Ivory ferrule, Sniper tip with pad
-Piloted 5/16x14 Ivory joint
-Black phenolic joint collars with rings consisting of 12 ivory inlays in each at A/B
-Solid ebony forearm
-Eight amboyna burl points, 4 high, and 4 low.
-The high points have an ivory dot in the center and an ivory diamond tip set in amboyna burl. There is also an ivory reversed "peacock" at the base of the points.
-The low points have the reversed ivory peacocks and ivory diamonds set in amboyna, also.
-The base of the points are accented by eight ivory dots set in sterling silver.
-The wrap is a beautifully executed black elephant ear.
-The butt sleeve is beautiful, solid amboyna burl. At positions D/E, there are rings consisting of 12 ivory inlays at each position.
-There are four ebony windows in the butt outlined in ivory, with ivory dots set in sterling silver at the corners. There are 2 ivory diamonds and 1 ivory dot in each.
-Between the ebony windows are a pair of facing "peacock" inlays of ivory, separated by a pair of ivory diamonds.
-The butt cap is solid ivory with the "Mc" logo
-Custom ivory/ebony joint protectors are included
McDanielamboyna-ebony-ivory1.jpg

AmboynaGroup1.jpg

AmboynaGroup2.jpg

AmboynaGroup3.jpg

AmboynaGroup4.jpg

Thanks,
Ralf

Last edited:

Maik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i saw this cue in person,the pics are good, but in natural this awesome cue is muuuuch prettier! also Ralf is a great person to deal with.good luck for the sale ,buddy, someone will be very happy with that.
best maik

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Jesus Ralf that is a sweet cue, and an amazing price. Frail a cue maker who has retired as well. Sweet deal for someone!!

Joshua70

german oak
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As I have this cue often in person, I can state, that pics do no justice- even if they´re of good quality.

This cue is an eye catcher par excellence- even if you look at it miles away.

I tried to find any dings or flaws- without success.

I never played this cue (as far as I know nobody does- even Ralf didn´t), but brothers of him- and they play all second to none.

A great cue from a guy, who is more into cue care, than anybody else I know (guess his cues sleep in a water bed and are taken out for a walk twice a day).

There´s no one, I would deal less concerned than with him...

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
the other one Amboyna McDaniel with Lizzard wrap is also for sale. Make your choice both Cue's are 1of 1.
Ralf:smile:

Scratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
This is my favorite cue offered for sale at this time! I wish the timing was better for me. I would be all over it!

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
still waiting some offers
Top notch work from the MOST underrated Cuemaker, you will never found a better work for that Amount.
Thanks,
Ralf

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
i saw this cue in person,the pics are good, but in natural this awesome cue is muuuuch prettier! also Ralf is a great person to deal with.good luck for the sale ,buddy, someone will be very happy with that.
best maik

I agree. I took these photos, but they do nothing for the true beauty of this cue. For one thing, a photo only lets you look at one plane of the cue. When you have it in your hand, and can turn it about, you see the true beauty and quality of the cue. Also, while the pix give a good indication of the grain, etc, only in person can you really appreciate the depth of the wood's beauty. Really spectacular cue...best of luck with it, Ralf.

Joe

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I agree. I took these photos, but they do nothing for the true beauty of this cue. For one thing, a photo only lets you look at one plane of the cue. When you have it in your hand, and can turn it about, you see the true beauty and quality of the cue. Also, while the pix give a good indication of the grain, etc, only in person can you really appreciate the depth of the wood's beauty. Really spectacular cue...best of luck with it, Ralf.

Joe
Thanks Joe,
it is really a BEAUTY in the Hands.
Ralf

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
this McDaniel with the full Amboyna Butt(in the Pic) I sold one hour ago:D
the Tuxedo and the Cue in the Thread with black Windows are still here and for sale:eek::smile:
Case9.jpg

Cheers,
Ralf

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
ALL McDaniel's in this Thread are SOLD :eek::crying:
thanks for looking and congrats to all the new Owners. Only one McDaniel left in my House:woot: THIS one but also for sale:frown:
DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

Ralf