Billiard Eye Ware?????

jgroom972

"shootin' from the hip"
I was at a tournament this weekend, and saw a few guys wearing "billiard glasses". My question is for the people who do wear them.
How do you like them?
Was it an improvement over wearing regular glasses? (when i shoot my line of site, is right thru the top rim of my glasses)
Which brands to consider?
Bifocals?

and also, i would like feedback from people who may know someone that wears them.

MurrayNevada

Billiard glasses helped me tremendously. I found I played better when I could see the balls on the table. No trying to look over the top of the eyeglass frames. I went with glasses from Curran Opticians. They are expensive but I found the money well spent.

jgroom972

"shootin' from the hip"
Billiard glasses helped me tremendously. I found I played better when I could see the balls on the table. No trying to look over the top of the eyeglass frames. I went with glasses from Curran Opticians. They are expensive but I found the money well spent.

About how much are they?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have several pairs from curran who makes a good product but is more expensive (around $600)
than gordon at the link below
i own several pairs from billiard-eyeglasses
he bills in canadian dollars but it comes out to $260 USD or so
i need prizms in my glasses for which there is an extra charge your glasses could be less.
the quality is excellent and gordon gives great customer service
highly recommended

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went the aviator style route. They are oversized (taller) and I do not see the frame in my vision. The brand I chose is M.O.D.A. sunglasses, and had my bi-focal lenses made to fit. I'm very happy with the results.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A good optician that will listen and understand what you need will provide proper eyewear. Make sure they stand behind their work until you are satisfied. I went with a large frame. My Rx is progressive. I can use them for daily eyewear if I had to. Get your eyes tested. Tell the doctor what you want to achieve. Explain they are dedicated pool eyewear. My first Rx…I explained I want view a range 4-9 ft and add reading Rx in the lower inside corner (if I had to read something).
My experience with Curran’s …, did not work out. And was too much of a hassle to go back. I’m suggesting using an optician as close and convenient as possible. Be sure their policy is to work with you with full recourse if needed. Full recourse meaning to re-do at no charge until completion.

Attachments

• 593F0275-1E9D-4B7A-B693-ECE54CAB4DBF.jpeg
    593F0275-1E9D-4B7A-B693-ECE54CAB4DBF.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 42

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The people I remember using them are Grady and Corr.

I just went to the VA and got the largest pair they had so I could see through the lens when down on the ball. They work fine.