Billiard Puzzles

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree it should be in free body diagram form for the engineers. they might have trouble seeing the real life version.

has the standard for free body diagrams changed?

You mention controlling the ball and in the second picture (edit: the bottom cueball in post #6) your angle of attack would result in a jump shot if you hit it hard enough, that is NOT controlling the ball.

Next?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Very little thought.

Do you think the first ball hit can have follow or draw or side?

We all know the cue ball can. But what about the first ball hit.

I am calling the topic secondary collisions and its an exciting new field of billiards sports mathematics.

DrDave has exhausted all the standard physics applications. And most of his content focuses on giving praise to the almight Dr and how he is better than the pros. Check out his video where he calls Mike Sigel basically a hack that is mindless playing poor shots against Nick Varner.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am calling the topic secondary collisions and its an exciting new field of billiards sports mathematics.

DrDave has exhausted all the standard physics applications. And most of his content focuses on giving praise to the almight Dr and how he is better than the pros. Check out his video where he calls Mike Sigel basically a hack that is mindless playing poor shots against Nick Varner.

You've attacked Dr. Dave one time too many for me.

1623780183555.png

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

your not qualified to operate the basic paint program on a pc
let alone to call out an industry standard

youll never be an expert at anything other trolling

justnum

Silver Member
your not qualified to operate the basic paint program on a pc
let alone to call out an industry standard

youll never be an expert at anything other trolling

You haven't even taken the Billiard aptitude test.

Have you created a billiard test?

Just take it and then I can help you figure what type of pool player you want to be.

Scrunge19

Registered
You can’t even scrape together 3 people who like/enjoy any of the posts you make on here or Reddit but you think you’re qualified to shit on someone like Dr Dave who generates thousands of views on his content.

Just how far out on the spectrum do you have to be to not realize that no one is interested in what you have to say about pool? How much more of your dribble and nonsense do we have to be subjected to before the moderation team steps in?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

There is absolutely nothing new you are speaking of. Everything you "discover" has been known for years.

Why don't you work on finding a one piece tool for chipping out the shitters where you work so you quit losing bits down the trap? That would be useful.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sounds cutting edge...to one who knows nothing about it.

You have a couple random seasonings, but no meat.

A couple cans of paint, but no walls.

A cup of hot water , but no teabag...

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I don't know whether to bite or not. Do you have a link to the video?

I find it hard to imagine you're not misinterpreting his point. But obviously I've not seen the video you're talking about.

In wider terms, Dr Dave's content is very rigorous, informative, and has been very popular/successful. Don't try to build yourself up by pulling others down, just work on developing yourself, or focus on what you're producing.

justnum

Silver Member
Sounds cutting edge...to one who knows nothing about it.

You have a couple random seasonings, but no meat.

A couple cans of paint, but no walls.

A cup of hot water , but no teabag...

To design a magic cue stick.
The main device for magic trick act.

FC1C937E-1BFD-48D0-AA0E-011029D8090F.jpeg

Ive been deconstructing a cue stick.
there is more space to work with if it is hollow.
i could house a battery and electronics.

would a ferromagnetic cue stick be a fun demonstration on a pool table?

do you know if the off the shelf products be powerful enough?

the trick is fake cue and fake cue balls however i can employ magnetic forces to create head turning effects.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

View attachment 598905

the trick is fake cue and fake cue balls however i can employ magnetic forces to create head turning effects.
billy madison idiot GIF

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I remember a story from Mike Massey's trick shots book. He had a shot with two balls attached by a hidden screw, and he'd shoot one to make them spin around each other as they went into the pocket.

Some kid came up to him and said that he'd been trying to replicate the shot for months (with normal non-rigged balls), and couldn't get it to work...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the trick is fake cue and fake cue balls

i can employ magnetic forces to create head turning effects.
We've noted your hollow. Front and center it is.

Fake cue and balls....shitty looking 'magic' is shitty and you have yet to display anything here that is beyond elementary. I presume you'll use an onion and a tomato for your balls, in this case.

Plenty of head turning effect, you ain't lying

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

View attachment 598905

JHC, when was the last time you bathed?

Last edited:

justnum

Silver Member
We've noted your hollow. Front and center it is.

Fake cue and balls....shitty looking 'magic' is shitty and you have yet to display anything here that is beyond elementary. I presume you'll use an onion and a tomato for your balls, in this case.

Plenty of head turning effect, you ain't lying

Animated gifs below 1.0 MB. Thats a technical challenge.

I've been learning to create matter and control it through space with my hands.
I have having trouble putting the concept on the right mental/physical plane..

Gravity and Quantum Mechanics are so broken.
Its time for the justnum Universal Model

If you want access to the higher res model. Its only for people that have taken the Billiard Aptitude Test.

If you want to learn to master space and time. Join the Billiard Aptitude Test Study Group. Message me for details.
ACTtest.gif