Billiard Room permanent booth fixture

shakes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for any tips or suggestions.

I have worked out a deal with a local pool room to be able to put in a permanent (semi?) booth for repairs. The space is short on depth, but has plenty of shelf capacity. Total space (including walkway) is 54 inches x 10' 4". I was going to put my back to the wall, and put in a half wall about 54 inches tall with cabinets behind the wall and mount one of Chris's 70" beds so that I am easily able to handle house cues and possibly a repair section and a cleaning section for 2 shafts at once.

I have two midsize cuesmith headstocks, one with a big bore, one with a small bore, so running two at a time shouldn't be a problem as long as I have the space.

I'm looking for things that any of you might suggest that I need to account for or put in. I figure I'll make the cabinet/wall about 24 inches so I'll have about 30" behind to move around, but I may switch that if necessary. I plan on having cabinet openings along with drawers like a standard kitchen cabinet for storage of tools, tips, supplies, along with putting a shop vac underneath to clean up after I'm done. How do you guys hold shafts waiting to be worked on during tournaments? And do any of you do tickets or forms for customers to fill out for keeping track of what a customer is purchasing from visit to visit?

I know it's a lot of questions, jump in or out as you see fit.

Thanks!

~Marc Lomas

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I'll be setting up mobile at a tourney this weekend.
I'm subscribing so I can find this thread later. I'll take a few pics of my mobile set up, it can be made semi permanent pretty easily.

shakes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, cuejo. I expected a few responses, but I haven't had much luck with the bait. I'll take pictures as I start building later this week and update when I have a little progress made. I'll come back from time to time with updates as I think of things and update or get tired of something in the way, and maybe I can help someone else in the future.