Billiardette Table -1930's

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So there is a guy selling a 1930's Billiardette table. Looks in good shape and everything works. Is it even worth just buying for the novelty and historical value? Wants $1250 but wouldn't offer that. No way to level or know if rolls straight. Obviously I could test it out first. Thoughts?

It's an 8pocket table if that helps with rarity?

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If you decide not to buy....Will Prout would appreciate a PM....
...he posts as 'Ibuycues' on AZ....
...I think he likes those things...

IMG_2916.JPG

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! What an amazing setup! The guy said he has just been in coin op games for a long time and has had it as a conversation piece. I will check it out and if not write him.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
These tables have an interesting history, and as you can see, I have found a unique use for them. Most were made between 1931-34, and blossomed a bit during the depression years when floor space was expensive for the amount of income received by poolroom owners. In fact, this is why many old and established pool rooms were located on the second floor ( or a lower level) in many locations, just trying to keep rent down and stay in business! As the economy rebounded (and Prohibition repealed) these tables faded away. They were the first coin-operated tables with a quasi wide distribution.

I own 20+ tables, and have about a dozen different types. They are sometimes all mistakenly called Billiardette tables, when there actually were only 2-3 types of Billiardettes. There are also Alamo, Marblette, and a host of others.
There are six different kinds of tables in my picture above.

To say what they are worth is difficult, kinda like saying "I have a custom cue, what is it worth?". It depends on the table type, condition, completeness, balls/cues, cost to deliver it to your home, etc. Obviously, a fancy one in great shape close to your home are all positives.

And yes, I am still on the hunt for 1-2 more, for the right ones. If you have one, send me a PM!
I could well be a buyer, and put some $ in your pocket! I am not a tire kicker.

If anyone has questions, contact me!

Hope this helps,

Will Prout

Last edited:

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put some pics on your other post in the Mechanics section. Late night to do it here again. Let me know what you think.