Billiards in Rome or Naples, Italy?

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a few days to kill in Rome and Naples Italy and would love to play some Italian pin billiards, or even just three-cushion. Anyone have *any* idea where to find some? Thanks.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a sign when I was there (Rome), I cannot recall if it was on Via Veneto, or by the Spanish Steps though:eek:

Robert Raiford

The Voice of CaromTV
Silver Member
I've got a few days to kill in Rome and Naples Italy and would love to play some Italian pin billiards, or even just three-cushion. Anyone have *any* idea where to find some? Thanks.

I found places to play pin billiards in several cities in Italy (including Rome) by looking up biliardo in the yellow pages at the hotels where I was staying. I spoke survival Italian at the time (10+ years ago) so could ask about tables and get directions from non-English speakers. I still remember learning the rules from a nice Italian cop I met in Florence (I was lucky to win and was just happy to play at all, but the guy refused to let me pay any time.) These days Google Maps is probably the best way since you can obviously get online :)

The players I met were all very friendly, and I was warmly welcomed wherever I went (not many English speakers in poolrooms at the time, so speaking some Italian definitely helped.) I still have the pin sets that were given to me as gifts from one of the room owners. :)

Good luck and have fun!

Robert