BK Rush break cue - with OR w/o the sport grip?

Jerry OC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is the question!

I currently use a Gilbert Jump/Break cue which is basically a house cue with no wrap and works fine.

Don't really want to buy the sport grip and then not like it.

Any suggestions or experience w or w/o the sport grip?

thanks

Jerry OC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried one with the sport grip, haven't found one to try without the sport grip.

I've heard that some people have trouble getting the cue into the case with the sport grip. The grip doesn't seem to be overly wide.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is the question!

I currently use a Gilbert Jump/Break cue which is basically a house cue with no wrap and works fine.

thanks
I removed my sports grip. It was a pain to get it in and out of the JBCase. Used a sleeve that John and team devised. I had Ryan Theewen put on a gorgeous stack wrap.

Zerksies

I had a Rush with a grip a quickly replaced it with a BK Rush without one. It’s all really just personal preference. I know they can be expensive if you have the opportunity to feel the grip give it a shot. Going by what people have said so far in this tread most would rather go without the grip

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indications are no wrap will be the better choice for you...not that we are in a position to determine your preferences.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is the question!

thanks
Why the need to get another break cue if your Gilbert does the job?
Especially if it's non wrap, I doudt, it's going to be that much better.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rubber wrap feels very good until it starts to fall apart.
Then it's a pain. Super deep wrap channel. Rediculous and not really good for the longevity of the Cue.
Repairable, yes.
Some double wrap the Cue with Irish linen then put the stack leather wrap over it.
Some build up the channel.
The Bottom line is,
It's another needless job that pops up.
Wrapless on the other hand, if you decide you want it wrapped. There's plenty of options from Irish linen to a large selection of Leathers to choose from.

Last edited:

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rubber wrap feels very good until it starts to fall apart.
Then it's a pain. Super deep wrap channel. Rediculous and not really good for the longevity of the Cue.
Repairable, yes.
Some doubbl wrap the Cue with Irish linen then put the stack leather wrap over it.
Some build up the channel.
The Bottom line is,
It's another needless job that pops up.
Wrapless on the other hand, if you decide you want it wrapped. There's plenty of options from Irish linen to a large selection of Leathers to choose from.
So on a wrapless BK Rush, a groove can be cut for a wrap? The butt is not carbon fiber like the shaft?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So on a wrapless BK Rush, a groove can be cut for a wrap? The butt is not carbon fiber like the shaft?
Even if it was, it would probably have a maple core.
Carbon fiber butt tubes are available.

Attachments

• IMG_300523_033045.jpg
    IMG_300523_033045.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_310822_174406.jpg
    IMG_310822_174406.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_310822_174321.jpg
    IMG_310822_174321.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: