blue diamond chalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For what it is worth, I purchased this carton of Blue Diamond nearly 6 years ago.
I've given away 1/2 dozen boxes to pals........I've stopped doing that.....instead,
I offer them the MC as a gift instead of the Blue Diamond I'm keeping for myself.

Both chalks perform the same as far as I'm concerned and if you chalk after every
shot, then these chalks offer no superiority but other chalks just result in discolored
shafts and dirty hands.......I play with Blue Diamond instead of MC and I have both.

Matt B.

Attachments

• AZ photo.jpg
    AZ photo.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Blue Diamond Chalk (2).jpg
    Blue Diamond Chalk (2).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 282

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
For what it is worth, I purchased this carton of Blue Diamond nearly 6 years ago.
I've given away 1/2 dozen boxes to pals........I've stopped doing that.....instead,
I offer them the MC as a gift instead of the Blue Diamond I'm keeping for myself.

Both chalks perform the same as far as I'm concerned and if you chalk after every
shot, then these chalks offer no superiority but other chalks just result in discolored
shafts and dirty hands.......I play with Blue Diamond instead of MC and I have both.

Matt B.

Yep, like I said before when you mentioned this the 2 other times, in the same thread, MC out performs BD in every possible way, but it's OK if folks like it, not everyone likes the best equipment, just the way it's been, and the way it will always be. BD is good chalk,,, no biggie. Cost the same as better chalk, but hey, don't let that stop ya ;)
Enjoy what you like, save the good stuff for us players ;)

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
For me there is no comparison on how much chalk residue is left on my chalking hand.
Blue Diamond leaves the most with Masters a close second. There is a lot of variables to consider but at the end of a long session my hands, the table and the balls are cleaner with Magic chalk.

Reactions: KRJ

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RJ......I am merely pointing out what Dr. Dave concluded in his testing......if someone is prone to chalk less often, then MC is the way to go.
If you chalk after every shot, then pretty much any decent quality chalk will perform just as well. Personally, I prefer Blue Diamond & since I
strive to chalk after each shot anyway, it's essentially for the cleanliness aspect I play with Blue Diamond. As you can see, both chalks sit
in the same carton and I play with Blue Diamond and hang onto the MC as gifts for a few pals that seem to like it

Matt B.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I got my free piece of Magic Chalk and have been using it the last few weeks at home while practicing. For reference I compared it to Blue Diamond and Masters.

Both BD and MC do work better than Masters but there is not a huge difference, but a difference none the less. MC seems to wear quicker and after a week did start to chip off in small chunks. That has never happened with BD but has happened with Masters. Since I only have 1 piece, I do not want to make a generalization of quality.

While using it I did see the same amount of chalk on the cue ball as BD but less than Masters. I wipe the cue ball off before every break. It does hold to the tip very well even when intentionally not chalking for a few shots.

Overall I like it as well as BD. I could use either without an issue as long as the chipping issue is limited to this piece and not an overall issue.