Bob Byrne Estate Sale

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For better or for worse i am in charge of selling Bob Byrne's book collection, which he bequeathed to the United States Billiard Association, for the benefit of 3 cushion billiards. The USBA has put me in charge of this sale. I am in the process of cataloguing this material which includes the original typewritten manuscripts for McGoorty, his book on trick shots and his Standard Book Of Billiards and Pool.

[If you have any interest in this material please contact me by e mail or phone ONLY and i will send you a list of the materials I have catalogued so far. The list is too extensive to post on this forum. PMing me on AZ or Facebook will not get you a reply. Sorry but e mail or a phone call is the only way.

All money realized from the sale of these books, manuscripts, VHS tapes, DVDs will go to the USBA to promote 3 cushion billiards and none will accrue to myself.
 
Last edited:
This should go to a library

It would be great to see this go to a library that would keep it all together! I hope you will ask around to see if any libraries would be interested in purchasing the whole collection.
 
It would be great to see this go to a library that would keep it all together! I hope you will ask around to see if any libraries would be interested in purchasing the whole collection.

Libraries usually get this stuff as a tax deductible donation and do not buy this stuff. Bob wanted it sold and that is what is going to happen, piece by piece. I will sell everything to you for a donation to the USBA for $10,000 and then you can donate it to the library of your choice.
 
The collection is extensive.
I was at Dennis' home and saw the collection.
Dennis has his work cut out for him.
Good luck with the sale.
 
The collection is extensive.
I was at Dennis' home and saw the collection.
Dennis has his work cut out for him.
Good luck with the sale.

FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING [more or less] CATALOGUED except his letters and private correspondence which may take forever.

Have four tapes from SL 1996 where you are commentator with BB but unfortunately no longer have a VHS player to play them on......LOL

Just sent out an e mail blast to over 50 people expressed interest but most of them are older than me [if you can believe that !!], tell me the market if in the crapper and more interested in selling than buying.......so WTF

Cheerzzzzzzz

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
 
FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING [more or less] CATALOGUED except his letters and private correspondence which may take forever.

Have four tapes from SL 1996 where you are commentator with BB but unfortunately no longer have a VHS player to play them on......LOL

Just sent out an e mail blast to over 50 people expressed interest but most of them are older than me [if you can believe that !!], tell me the market if in the crapper and more interested in selling than buying.......so WTF

Cheerzzzzzzz

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

They aren't joking.
If they have kids , I would give the stuff to them and have them sell it when the market comes back around.
If you ever want to check on the value of something, or rarity , as far as the books are concerned, feel free to contact me.
 
They aren't joking.
If they have kids , I would give the stuff to them and have them sell it when the market comes back around.
If you ever want to check on the value of something, or rarity , as far as the books are concerned, feel free to contact me.

Would like to talk to you but don't know who you are....PMs and MSS on social media are beyond my ken.

Have a $350 bid on the BROTHE pamphlet and $225 on the TUZUL book.....not bad for the first day.

Send me an e mail and i will send you the catalogue
 
They aren't joking.
If they have kids , I would give the stuff to them and have them sell it when the market comes back around.
If you ever want to check on the value of something, or rarity , as far as the books are concerned, feel free to contact me.
I only contact by phone or in response to an e mail sent to me me.....PMing on AZ just don't work for me.....BESIDE I DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR NAME.....there are 1000 book collectors out there so what makes you so special.
 
Back
Top