Bonus Ball

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
According to Nick Varner and Darren Appleton it is. Darren says the venue is just about ready to go, he's playing, and he's looking forward to it.

Last edited:

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one has any idea what's going on with BB. The last press release was about the construction delay. They have since went silent.

If the venue is in fact almost finished and the season is about to kick off, remaining silent with no PR or marketing will likely go down on the increasingly longer list of mistakes made so far by BB.

I agree, especially about the marketing. You can have a so so product, but if you market it well, it will still sell. You can have a superior product, but if you don't market it well, it can go down the crapper.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last i heard its on, makes zero sense to promote it until the venue is built out and finished. look what happened last time they thought it was gonna happen, a disaster. while this wouldnt be my approach to "Big Time Pool", its their plan and since they are approaching it like this-they need to finixh the place get a C of O before the marketing starts. Shouldnt be much longer. i wish them the best.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
last i heard its on, makes zero sense to promote it until the venue is built out and finished. look what happened last time they thought it was gonna happen, a disaster. while this wouldnt be my approach to "Big Time Pool", its their plan and since they are approaching it like this-they need to finixh the place get a C of O before the marketing starts. Shouldnt be much longer. i wish them the best.

au contrarie. They should have been using the down time to work their PR. Could've done em some good.

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
au contrarie. They should have been using the down time to work their PR. Could've done em some good.

Lou Figueroa

Absolutely 100% agree. The contracted players should be on a bonus ball road show and there should be a daily podcast and video diary about it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
We sure have a lot of business geniuses on AZBilliards. Where else can you get free business advice from so many self-made millionaires?

:) Well, I think that it's kind of common sense now but really one only has to look at the circus.

It's probably not as prevalent now but there was a time when there would be posters all over town promoting the circus coming. Every kid in town knew it was coming and had already planned to go somehow and someway.

In pool we used to have a man named Syl Livingston who did this type of work. He would book the exhibitions and then go in an promote them ahead of time to insure a good crowd.

In today's crowded marketplace I think it's more important than ever to stay as present as you can using whatever means are available. Simply put it takes a lot more to cut through the noise and leave a lasting impression and a desire to consume the product.

I don't know but if I had the resources and I were doing Bonus Ball then I'd be out there promoting it like crazy with Bonus Ball tournaments, setting up leagues, pro-ams, exhibitions and lots of swag. It's hard enough that it's a completely new game but one that is a bit confusing at first look to me needs to have a bit more publicity behind it.

Then again, maybe they are just not choosing to use AZB for this as I get a lot of Bonus Ball related information from my Facebook feed.

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Can we get SERIOUS, Please, I'm begging you...

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

You guys are making me laugh out loud tonight! :grin:

Is there really anyone out there that thinks BB is ACTUALLY going to happen?:eek:

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see it happen and would pay, like TAR, to watch it. It's a little cheesy, at least from what I saw on the Nations Collide video on youtube, but you can't say it's not entertaining.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You never wait until you are finished construction to advertise and market. If you do, two things will happen:

1: You start your season and have low PPV/attendance because marketing just started.

2: You have a finished arena you are paying utilities on that is just sitting there until you have done your marketing.

No successful business in history waited until everything was fully completed to start a marketing campaign.

Where BB went wrong(several times) is not making sure things would be finished on schedule. They can cry wolf about a contractor screwing them, but that still means they did not have the proper checks and balances in place.

This arena is small time construction in the commercial construction world. Projects 100x bigger are able complete on or around scheduled completion dates, and if not, another date is set that is met or close to it.

BB silence is likely not only due to construction hold ups.

What do I know about $$$$???:cool:

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see it happen and would pay, like TAR, to watch it. It's a little cheesy, at least from what I saw on the Nations Collide video on youtube, but you can't say it's not entertaining.

Bonus Ball, the game is alive and well. New players are learning the game and playing the game, so it continues to grow daily. When I first started developing this game, it was only myself teaching people. Now I have many people taking part teaching others. It will continue to multiply like this for years.

As far as the WPBL is concerned, there are many rumors about things that are true and not true. What is true is the construction boon doogle has set this project behind. To announce and promote something would indeed make sense and is a very logical business suggestion.

Being burned three times on the starting date has set WPBL president, Larry Chiborak, into a holding pattern. After burning up so much money and having his dream come to an abrubt stop, has no doubt been taking a toll on him. There is not a doubt that he has had to sit back and wait while the city and the new contractor had many changes to the original design changed, that never made it to city hall because of the contractor fiasco.

Larry Chiborak has faced the music and blames himself for being duped. It is a hard lesson in life to learn. Although Larry has not involved me finacially in this project, I do hope he can get his ducks in order. Im not going to say that this was not avoidable, but I will say I saw first hand, the terror in his eyes when this whole contractor episode came down on him. Let's cut the poor guy some slack. He put up a lot of his own cash to give professional players a new beginning. A structured league and a state of the art film studio. This is something that many pool fans will appreciate once Larry get's this venue and league, up and running.

Go to www.playbonusball.com to learn more about the game of choice of the WPBL. It's a very strategic game to play. You can also go to www.wpbl.tv to see some pilots of the game. Enjoy some great billiards!

Last edited:

Hairy-Redneck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus Ball will be dead in 2 years. If most of the general population can't grasp 9 ball rules what makes you think they'll understand bonusball? With that being said I'm a pool fanatic and I enjoy watching bonusball. I hope I'm wrong about it's future.

Nitrous

Registered
Bonus Ball is most definitely one of the silliest games you can play on a pool table. Why promote it? :confused: Can you imagine a Bonus ball league? :eek::confused:

It's not one of those games that you can play by yourself or even practice by yourself. To be a good player in this game you have to be a decent player to begin with, whether it be in 14.1, 9 ball, whatever.

failboat :thumbup: